Other OS

Armbian for Lemaker Guitar

7 2628
igorpec  
Edited by igorpec at Apr 29, 2016 16:21

Popular ARM Linux distribution is expanding support to Lemaker Guitar.

What is Armbian?

• Debian Wheezy, Jessie or Ubuntu Trusty based distribution specialized for ARM developing boards.
  • Dedicated repository with own kernel development (apt.armbian.com) and full or manual automated updating.
  • Open development on Github
  • Vibrant support community.
  • Reference: Cubieboard image, since 12/2013

Legacy kernel

• Kernel 3.10.101 with large hardware support, headers and some firmware included
  • Enabled audio devices
  • Bluetooth ready (working with supported external keys)
  • Drivers for small TFT LCD display modules.
  • USB redirector – for sharing USB over TCP/IP (disabled by default /etc/init.d/rc.usbsrvd)

Base features:

• Root password is 1234. You will be prompted to change this password at first login
  • First boot takes longer (around 3min) than usual (20s) because it updates package list, regenerates SSH keys and expand partition to fit your SD card. It will reboot one time automatically. Second boot also take little longer (around 3min) because it creates 128MB emergency swap space
  • Ready to compile external modules. Tested with this wireless adapter
  • Ethernet adapter with DHCP and SSH server ready on default port (22)
  • Wireless adapter with DHCP ready if present but disabled (/etc/network/interfaces, WPA2: normal connect or AP mode)
  • desktop environment upgrade ready
  • NAND, SATA and USB install script included (nand-sata-install) (28.12. not enabled yet)
  • Serial console enabled
  • Enabled automatic security update download for basic system and kernel. Upgrades are done via standard apt-get upgrade method
  • Login script shows board name MOTD with current PMU temp, hard drive temp, ambient temp from Temper if exits, actual free memory & battery conditions.

Performance tweaks:

• /tmp & /log = RAM, ramlog app saves logs to disk daily and on shut-down (Wheezy only)
  • automatic IO scheduler. (check /etc/init.d/armhwinfo)
  • journal data writeback enabled. (/etc/fstab)
  • commit=600 to flush data to the disk every 10 minutes (/etc/fstab)
  • optimized CPU frequency scaling 480-1010Mhz with interactive governor (/etc/init.d/cpufrequtils)

Build your own kernel or image with Armbian build tool.

Thanks for support!

hnsncxy  
Thanks for your sharing

igorpec  
BTW: I have some troubles with eMMC install. I must admin that I haven't spent much time on this ... any hints how to simply transfer MMC image to eMMC. Do I need a different u-boot loader, how to organize eMMC properly?

ChrisP  
Hi Igor,

did you manage to fix this issue ? I plan to build a OctoPrint based on Armbian, and would prefer to have it on eMMC.

igorpec  
No, haven't done any progress on this feature.

igorpec  
Edited by igorpec at Apr 29, 2016 16:20

Updated to 3.10.101
- wifi works
- docker ready

http://www.armbian.com/lemaker-guitar/

igorpec  

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules