Trouble

New Banana Pi - Cannot monitor Voltage and Current through sunxi-i2c

4 1748
AR9285  
By "New Banana Pi" I'm referrring to the Lemaker Banana Pi with new PCB layout - similar to banana pro, with triangular Lemaker logo
Specifically this one: http://www.lemaker.org/Public/en/images/bananapi-01.jpg

The problem is

cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/uevent

returns

POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=ac
POWER_SUPPLY_MODEL_NAME=ac
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=1
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=0
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=0

Any ideas?

AR9285  
I'm using Armbian's 3.4.109 kernel. Tried bananian's 3.4.108 and:
root@bananapi ~ # cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/uevent
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=ac
POWER_SUPPLY_MODEL_NAME=ac
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=1
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4981000
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=217000

tkaiser  
Please shut the board down and try to power it again through the USB OTG port with Bananian's kernel and check also

1. /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/usb/uevent
Copy the Code

Or better use RPi-Monitor + my sunxi additions to get a clue what's going on: http://forum.armbian.com/index.p ... ts-for-rpi-monitor/

AR9285  
tkaiser replied at Dec 28, 2015 09:07
Please shut the board down and try to power it again through the USB OTG port with Bananian's kernel ...

Thanks.

With bananian image power usage monitor works fine, do I need to test it also?

I powered the board through the OTG port, booted with Armbian kernel 3.4.109, and:

# cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/usb/uevent
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=usb
POWER_SUPPLY_MODEL_NAME=usb
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=1
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=0
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=0

Still zero...So perhaps something is missing from this kernel?

By the way, is it possible to (implement) monitor power consumption with mainline kernel? I tried 4.3.3 and could find any sunxi-i2c bus in /sys. 'find /sys | grep voltage' returns nothing related to power consumption.

tkaiser  
Check both

1. cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/usb/uevent
  2. cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/uevent
Copy the Code

and see what happens. I still believe you used DC-IN and USB OTG in turn. And no: There's still no way to query the AXP209 PMU with mainline kernel since no driver exists.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules