Other projects

Data transfer using visible light for communication

10 868
dimonga  
This project deals with transfer of data using light bulbs. With the exponentially increasing data demand but limited available radio spectrum, alternatives will be necessary to accommodate the needs of wire-free communication systems.

It is based on simple concept that if the LED is on, you transmit a digital 1, if it’s off you transmit a 0. The LEDs can be switched on and off very quickly, which gives nice opportunities for transmitting data and since the data is in form of 0s and 1s so possibly every type of data be it a video,audio,text can be transferred using light.Data can be encoded in the light to generate a new data stream by varying the flickering rate of the LED. To be clearer, by modulating the LED light with the data signal, the LED illumination can be used as a communication source. As the flickering rate is so fast, the LED output appears constant to the human eye. The current prototype that has been developed does not use a processing system such as a computer but with the help of a processing system,much more complex data such as video stream can be processed and transferred using light
I got a question ❓ what are you going to use to receive this fast led blinks?

dimonga  
12458 replied at Jan 12, 2016 01:21
I got a question ❓ what are you going to use to receive this fast led blinks?

there are some light detectors availible for detection, PIN and avalance diodes can be easily used

Did u know if led produce a voltage around 1v when u shine a laser into it and its reaction time is great!

dimonga  
yes i know that fact but i am trying to use LED light bulbs that can be used in a room to transfer data and are already existing as a common household object,while same cannot be done with lasers

dimonga replied at Jan 13, 2016 19:17
yes i know that fact but i am trying to use LED light bulbs that can be used in a room to transfer d ...

You did not get my answer. Ok let me try to rephrase this: If you shine a concentrated beam of light into a LED, the LED will produce a voltage at ~1 V.

dimonga  
ohh that what you meant to ask, as leds are coherent source of light i will be using an array of LEDs..you can get better idea from this array i am using in the image, and the detector detects this amout of lux produced by light
63d6397e-d5e8-4e62-b84b-f9afc86c7ad9.jpg

How are you going to turn the light bulb on and off?

dimonga  
basicaly high speed switching

No I meant how do you use to turn the bulb on and off(e.g. Relay)

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules