Interfacing

Does the LeMaker Guitar support UHS-3

2 1202
Hi I wanted to know if the guitar supports UHS-3 speeds. I have a 32GB UHS-3 micro SD card.

Tido  
Hi,

Is your question whether UHS-3 can be used or
if the Guitar can make use of the fast controller = more Megabytes/second ?

Maybe the first sentence in this posting is interesting for you.

Edited by 12458 at Jan 28, 2016 20:22
Tido replied at Jan 28, 2016 18:20
Hi,

Is your question whether UHS-3 can be used or

My question is can the faster speed be used?
I guess not as the guitar has no 1.8v operation
UHS-ISpecified in SD version 3.01,[21] supports a clock frequency of 100 MHz (a quadrupling of the original "Default Speed"), which in four-bit transfer mode could transfer 50 MB/s (SDR50). UHS-I cards declared as UHS104 (SDR104) also support a clock frequency of 208 MHz, which could transfer 104 MB/s. Double data rate operation at 50 MHz (DDR50) is also specified in Version 3.01, and is mandatory for microSDHC and microSDXC cards labeled as UHS-I. In this mode, four bits are transferred when the clock signal rises and another four bits when it falls, transferring an entire byte on each full clock cycle.
UHS-II
    Specified in version 4.0, further raises the data transfer rate to a theoretical maximum of 156 MB/s (half duplex) or 312 MB/s (full duplex) using an additional row of pins[22][23] (a total of 17 pins for full-size and 16 pins for micro-size cards).[18]

Cards that comply with UHS show Roman numerals 'I' or 'II' next to the SD card logo,[18][24] and report this capability to the host device. Use of UHS-I requires that the host device command the card to drop from 3.3-volt to 1.8-volt operation and select the four-bit transfer mode, while UHS-II requires 0.4-volt operation.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules