Discussion

Trouble Installing new OS EMMC on Guitar Board w/Linux

25 1298
Edited by KevinRoach at Jan 29, 2016 20:36

I am wanting to udate the OS in the EMMC on the Guitar Board but can't get everything to work through Linux Ubuntu Terminal. Has anyone else had this issue of getting FWBurningTool?

I did goto the Wiki page and got a little bit further with those instructions instead of the manual. Hey here is a good idea that has been mentioned before make them the same or just have the Wiki Page!

This has been very frustrating just to do a simple task as updating the OS.

hange  
what problem?
Do your ubuntu PC identified the Guitar device?
hehe.png

Tido  
Edited by tony_zhang at Feb 01, 2016 03:36

Hi

Follow the Wiki, this worked for me more than once !
All you need is a MicroUSB cable and connect it like in the picture at the bottom.
Hey here is a good idea that has been mentioned before make them the same or just have the Wiki Page!

I couldn't agree more - and saves time for all.

There is a little typo but it is obvious:
FW_Burning_Tool_for_Linux_PC_V1.1_01.7z
FWBurning_Tool_For_Linux_V1.0_01.tar.gz
You see the version numbering, just take the newest.

Tido replied at Feb 01, 2016 01:32
Hi

Follow the Wiki, this worked for me more than once !

I agree with you that only have the wiki page. I will also add this suggestion to development team to direct the quick start page to the wiki page.

Edited by KevinRoach at Feb 01, 2016 19:41

To Tido:
It's not just a obvious typo if your a newbie to the Terminal(command line). Write out how you did it for me please!

To Hange:
Can't make it that far!

3 evenings to trying to figure out how to get FWBurning tool downloaded and installed on Ubuntu Linux and with the help from Ubuntu forum and still not working is BS!

SOMEONE FIX THE WIKI PAGE SO WE CAN DO WHAT WE NEED TO DO from those instructions! Granted there is a typo but there is more than just one!

KevinRoach replied at Feb 02, 2016 09:30
To Tido:
It's not just a obvious typo if your a newbie to the Terminal(command line). Write out how  ...

If you cannot use Linux don't use Linux. No one is forcing you to use Linux.

I have fixed the typo for you

To Hange:
Can't make it that far!

So you are saying you cannot type sudo lsusb?

Edited by KevinRoach at Feb 01, 2016 21:27

Didn't see I directed anything to you! Great for fixing the typo! NOT I still see:
sudo tar -zxvf FWBurning_Tool_For_Linux_V1.1_01.tar.gz   You can't have the instructions mixed.

I have used linux for a lot of years but don't use the command line on the terminal. If the instructions were posted correctly then anyone could do it. That's what instructions are for and how people learn.

I see a lot of people that can't drive but their still on the road!

Edited by KevinRoach at Feb 01, 2016 22:25

Ok! got it all figured out but now it doesn't want to go into flash mode. I push the ADFU button and hold it while plugging in the micro usb cable to board and the other end into the usb port on the computer, i am still holding the button in but it wants to go right into Android.

I can see the board from the terminal but can't get the board into flash mode!

Help!

I guess I only have FWBurningTool extracted but not into linux as a useable program or app.

Here is the help I got from Ubuntu Forum So Far

cd ~ && mkdir temp && cd $_
wget http://mirror.lemaker.org/FW_Burning_Tool_for_Linux_PC_V1.1_01.7z

7za x FW_Burning_Tool_for_Linux_PC_V1.1_01.7z
cd FW\ Burning\ Tool\ for\ Linux\ PC\ V1.1_01/
chmod 755 FWBurningTool-1.1.run

./FWBurningTool-1.1.run
cd ~/Bin

Puts me in where the extracted files are but I don't know what else to do!

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules