Discussion

Trouble Installing new OS EMMC on Guitar Board w/Linux

26 6206
Tido  
Edited by Tido at Feb 15, 2016 16:05
KevinRoach replied at Feb 15, 2016 00:14
@Tido

I don't like your reply and sarcasm! It is not my fault the directions were wrong, ...

Look Kevin, this was no sarcasm. I wanted to make sure you understand what you face here.

Who said that the directions were wrong. Many people are able to flash the Guitar, incl. me.

As I wrote before, I easily walked through the Wiki steps for linux before 12458 corrected it.
Why you chat about LeMaker on an Ubuntu forum, I don't understand, but I understand that they
don't understand and a link to it would be nice.

So my last try for you - the instruction might be not perfect on the Wiki, but if you understand the core you should be able to walk this path.

• turn off Guitar
  • Download the Image (i.e. Lemuntu)
  • Download the FWBurning Tool software (FW_Burning_Tool_for_Linux_PC_V1.1_01.7z)
  • unzip the software (both)
  • install the software FWBurning Tool
  • plug a USB2.0 Micro USB into the Guitar (picture in the Wiki)
  • hold the ADFU button
  • plug the other side of the USB cable in your computer (if you take USB hub, make sure it has enough power)
  • still holding the button and count from 20 - 26, slowly
  • release the button
  • lsusb
  • find the Guitar Chip "Actions Semiconductor" in this listing
  • Now start the burning software and link to your firmware, see wiki (Lemuntu)
  • wait for it to finish.
  • unplug the guitar

Done

KevinRoach replied at Feb 14, 2016 17:14
@Tido

I don't like your reply and sarcasm! It is not my fault the directions were wrong, I also kno ...
Also not a good selling point for Lemaker you making those comments about selling it on Ebay!
What did this mean?

KevinRoach replied at Feb 01, 2016 21:43
Ok! got it all figured out but now it doesn't want to go into flash mode. I push the ADFU button and ...

Good

I also had a problem trying to update the EMMC on Guitar with a VirtualBox VM running Ubuntu Linux 14.04.

Many failures.

But when I tried on a hardware PC running 14.04, I had success and am now able to use the latest Lemuntu.

mkellner replied at Jun 28, 2016 18:38
I also had a problem trying to update the EMMC on Guitar with a VirtualBox VM running Ubuntu Linux 1 ...

The VM may have the problem to indetify the usb device. My macbook can not flash use the VM

I was also facing the same issue when I try to install OS EMMC on Guitar Board w/Linux, after that, I take a help of Epson Printer Support to know the actual process to sole my issue properly, but some issue is still pending, can anyone suggest me any other site to solve this?

abcdeef  
i have a segmentation fault while running ActionsFWU.py (row lib = ctypes.CDLL(root + 'libScript.so');)

i'm using ubuntu 18.10 64bit.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules