Discussion

A solution for Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2...

3 6890
Edited by tony_zhang at Jan 30, 2016 03:39

Somedays ago, I found my Banana Pro stuck on the booting stage when I use Linux distribution, and I look over the boot log file:
  1. Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2...
Copy the Code

This means, the Banana Pro can load the uboot, kernel (UImage), uEvt.txt correctly, but can not load the root file system.

The reason is that, after it load kernel, it will use the dirver for SD card to detect the SD card status, if there is some problem between SD card and SD card slot connections, it will think the SD card is not here.

So in order to avoid the SD card detection, because the Banana Pro must have SD card to boot the system, we can do a little modification in the script.bin (script.fex) file:
  • Find the script.bin file in your system, and transform it to a .FEX format file such as script.fex (http://wiki.lemaker.org/BananaPro/Pi:Building_u-boot,_script.bin_and_linux-kernel#Building_script.bin);
  • Then use a text editor to open the FEX file, and find the [mmc0_para] block, and change the parameter:
  1. sdc_detmode = 3
Copy the Code
3. Then change the FEX file back to the script.bin file and replace the old script.bin.
Now you can insert again your SD card, it will no longer happen "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2... "

Hi, I have the same problem and I would like to know how I can open the .FEX I tried with Notepad but it doesn't work.
Thank you

If you want for a solution then your waiting time is over now. Because we release a page from which you can easily get your assignment editing service uk solution of your problems. Which is good to remove your problems.

If you want for a solution then your waiting time is over now. Because we release a page from which you can easily get your assignment editing service uk solution of your problems. Which is good to remove your problems.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules