Edited by sghazagh at Feb 18, 2016 00:26 |
Detail: Copy the Code
- sudo dd if=<eMMC OS Partition> of=<SD/Ext. HDD Mount Point>/<Image Name> bs=512 conv=sync,noerror
- <eMMC OS Partition> --> ex. /dev/mmcblk0p2
- <SD/Ext. HDD Device> --> ex. /dev/sda1 or /dev/mmcblk1p1
# mkdir -f /mnt/sd
# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sd
# dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p2 of=/mnt/sd/your_backup.img bs=512 conv=sync,noerror
- bs=512 , The eMMC standard developed by the MMCA and the JEDEC is an open, royalty-free standard.
A sector has a size of 512 bytes, the same size as a sector in the FAT file system.
- conv=sync,noerror is necessary to prevent dd from stopping on error and performing a dump. conv=sync is largely meaningless without noerror.
# umount /mnt/sd
Note: I normally boot to BusyBox from SD, and then get the backup of eMMC OS Partition out to my attached external HDD.
It's more appropriate to get the backup of partition when it's not not mounted.