I just got hand on HiKey and so far I could done these few things to make some progress:
- FrameBuffer is working fine with this kernel and I could get display on both Serial and TTY console. (Was not working on Kernel 4.1.x)
- I could get the Kernel 4.4.0 aarch 64 compiled successfully and is working on HiKey.
- I have managed to install a mini-rootfs as an another eMMC Grub option for managing the OS partition right inside the eMMC
- My Ubuntu 15.10 OS just implemented in HiKey and I have reached the login prompt. So far these are working:
- WiFi firmware and driver are all included in this kernel so I could get the WiFi working
- Mali driver seams to work fine too. DMESG report it as loaded. I think is alright!
I tried to install a Desktop for my OS. However, the 'Lubuntu-Desktop' is not available for ARM64 architecture.
Therfore I tried to install 'Xubunu-Desktop'. Lightdm is not working as it crashes. Have no clue why?!
Any one can help please share!!!