Discussion

Base board Rev.D

11 1260
Hello,

I've found somewhere that a quad module board (teh revision D board) is being developped.
Are there some news and information about this because this is really an interesting configuration, especially if it it planned to be useable with the planned 64 bit version...

Thanks in advance,

Jerome

hnsncxy  
Hi,
We have released the specification of the Rev.D at http://www.lemaker.org/product-guitar-specification.html#revd

Tido  
Edited by Tido at Mar 11, 2016 13:21
especially if it it planned to be useable with the planned 64 bit version...

Hi Jip,

We have just disucssed the question, why 64-Bit. After you have read the thread, please enlighten us, why you need 64-Bit.
First read the thread please.

Thx

Tido  
hnsncxy replied at Mar 11, 2016 11:18
We have released the specification of the Rev. D  ...

I read through your specification and I have some question about powering the board.
It says: 5~12V@2A  maximum | P = U x I |  12V x 2A = 24 Watt

4 x USB3 (4 x 0,9A 5V) = 18Watt
This leaves only 6 Watts for the 4 x Guitar boards.
Well, if I take 3 Watts per Guitar = 12 Watts (idle) | if I put load on the s500 it needs 4 Watts = 16 Watts for 4 boards.

This calculation leaves out the Ethernet  RTL8367 Chip and comes to a total of 34 Watts.

Is the board layout (PCB) capable to be fed with 34 - 40 Watts ?

hnsncxy  
Tido replied at Mar 12, 2016 05:49
I read through your specification and I have some question about powering the board.
It says: 5~12V ...

Hi,Tido
we don't recommend users to use four usb3.0 at the same time in the current version of the Rev.D, because the usb3.0 and 1000 ethernet use the same channel, it will affect the speed of the ethernet if there have a usb 3.0 device connect. However, for the sake of convenient use for users, we provide four usb3.0 Host for user to choose.

tkaiser  
So you know that you (again and again) provide wrong 'informations'. On http://www.lemaker.org/product-guitar-specification.html#revd is still written "5~12V@2A" for Baseboard D which is obviously wrong. But you simply don't care as usual.

And what are you talking about mentioning "the usb3.0 and 1000 ethernet use the same channel"?

I thought the S500's Fast Ethernet PHYs would be routed to the RTL8367RB switch which provides then a single GbE connection to the outside (reasonable). And that the USB3 port of each S500 is routed to one dedicated Type A receptacle.

But what you're talking about now ("don't recommend users to use four usb3.0 at the same time") suggest that a) you're not using the Fast Ethernet PHY but instead 4 USB-to-Ethernet bridge chips and b) the 4 USB ports aren't independant but behind an USB 3.0 hub and have to share bandwidth.

Can you please start to provide SPECIFICATIONS for your products?

Hello,

Even though I understand the TKaiser remarks for those who want to use these with a tight hi-speed connection between the cards, I'm not that worried about that for my purpose : each card would independent with light (but precise) synchronization.

I'm a bit more worried by the post about 64bit, implying that I'm ignorant about the 32/64 bit world difference. I know from a long time all of this and the difference between both world is not only limited to a memory size. In fact, for my application, memory is not the subject. I would use this kind of card for signal processing with intensive use 64 bit integer and double precision floating point instructions (SIMD or not).  64 bit core will make the difference.

J.

Tido  
Edited by Tido at Mar 21, 2016 09:34

It is a while ago Iooked at the schematics, but beside Power, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth and Ethernet there was nothing special on it.
Why does the base board matter for the Guitar 32- or 64-Bit?

tkaiser  
tkaiser replied at Mar 18, 2016 02:42
So you know that you (again and again) provide wrong 'informations'. On http://www.lemaker.org/produ ...

6 days later and still the incorrect 'information' regarding powering requirements available at the 'product specifications'. As usual you simply don't care.

tkaiser  
jipihorn replied at Mar 21, 2016 01:17
64 bit core will make the difference

You can't expect from these losers even most simple informations that are correct or answers at all. How should they answer your question whether they develop another compatible coreboard variant based on S900 then?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules