Trouble

How-To Disable onboard IR?

5 1118
Quick Question...

Seems my STB/TV remote and my Banana Pro have a conflict in regards to the IR.

I would like to disable IR on the Banana Pro altogether; How do I go about that?

I searched and saw some posts about a FEX file; can't seem to locate those either.

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by nvannote at Mar 12, 2016 07:19

It wouldn’t be that big of a deal; but it’s being interpreted by the Banana Pro as keyboard input, which is actually a "HUGE" issue for me.

At first I thought it may be the USB wireless keyboard dongle I am using during test/development.  But I yanked that and tried my Verizon STB/TV remote again; and it is certainly being picked up by the Banana Pro as keyboard input.  BAD!!!  ;-)

I have my Banana Pro set as not to auto-login and it stops at the initial login prompt;  but the device responding to perceived (non-authorized) keyboard input isn’t sitting well with me.

Again, I would just like to disable the IR on this particular device.  Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by sashijoseph at Mar 12, 2016 18:52

The [ir_para] in the fex file needs to be modified with the fol changes
ir_used = 0
ir0_rx =

the fex file will be found as a binary file "script.bin" in the sdcard's first partition.
it must be first decompiled into a text file "script.fex",edited and then recompiled into "script.bin".

the process is elaborated in the User Manual page 58
Banana Pro/Pi User Manual

which os and kernel version are you on?

sashijoseph replied at Mar 12, 2016 07:50
The  in the fex file needs to be modified with the fol changes
ir_used = 0
ir0_rx =

Thank you very much for the input.  I will give that a shot…

To answer your question regarding what os/kernel that device is currently running…

1. Linux 3.4.108-bananian #2 SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 13 06:08:25 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
Copy the Code
My bad; I should have been clear about that up front. ;-)

- Neil

sashijoseph replied at Mar 12, 2016 07:50
The  in the fex file needs to be modified with the fol changes
ir_used = 0
ir0_rx =

Just as a follow up…

Thanks Joseph, that worked out well.

Being new to the Banana Pro; I should probably give the manuals a read. ;-)

Cheers,

Neil

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules