USB debugging

3 572
xistix  
Edited by xistix at Apr 27, 2016 03:30

Hello All, I have a HiKey Lemaker 2Gb board. I successfully built Android 6.0.1 and flashed it to the board. Now, I would like to do some develoment with Android Studio. When I connect the board with micro USB I can upload my app and debug it, but the USB devices on the USB host ports are not usable. It is written in the Instruction Manual that the mucroUSB port and the Type A host ports cannot be used simultaneously. I tried to connect the board  via Wifi but when I try to connect to it, it is crashing most of the times. Even if it connects it not very stable. In my project I really need the USB peripherals and the debugging functionality at the same time. Do you have any idea how to do that?

The USB typeA and microUSB can not be used at the same time, no solution for this.

The only we can do is use wifi debug. And another method, maybe we can find a usb to Ethernet device, and connect to the USB typeA, and use it as network for debugging?

BR

xistix  
The USB to ethernet is a good idea. I wonder if that is upported out of box or I need to add some drivers. Does the wifi debugging work for you? For me it is crashing the device almost every time when I try to connect.

xistix replied at Apr 27, 2016 23:39
The USB to ethernet is a good idea. I wonder if that is upported out of box or I need to add some dr ...

I have noe tried debug APP on HiKey, so I have no idead about the wifi debugging crash.
For the usb driver, even port the driver, it will also easy to do, I think.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules