Other OS

Snappy Ubuntu Core For Hikey Release

8 630
Edited by john.wen at May 11, 2016 01:18

Snappy Ubuntu Core

Snappy Ubuntu Core is the perfect system for large-scale cloud container deployments, bringing transactional updates to the world’s favourite container platform.
Snappy Ubuntu Core.png

Image Download:
  1. http://www.lemaker.org/product-hikey-download-54.html
Copy the Code

Quick Start:
  1. http://wiki.lemaker.org/HiKey(LeMaker_version)/:Quick_Start#Install_Snappy_Ubuntu_Core
Copy the Code

dawiki  
Hi.

I tried to follow the instructions in the wiki and I failed at the very last step because I simply don't know what to do

Step 3: Flash system image
Copy the hikey-snappy.img to HiKey, and then execute the following command to flash image:
sudo dd if=hikey-snappy.img of=/dev/sdc bs=32M
sync

How am I supposed to copy the file "to HiKey"? there is nothing there to boot from and I am stuck at this point.

Help is very much appreciated

thx

dawiki replied at May 14, 2016 02:50
Hi.

I tried to follow the instructions in the wiki and I failed at the very last step because I sim ...

Dear dawiki:

I am sorry to tell you that we made a mistake. We should flash the hikey-snappy.img to Micro SD card, not EMMC Flash.We have revised it.

The ptable-linux.img, fip.bin, nvme.img and writable.img are flashed into emmc,while the root file system hikey-snappy.img are flashed into the sd card using the dd command.

dawiki  
Edited by dawiki at May 17, 2016 14:11

thank you very much

I think I got it installed - however apart from a flashing green led (LED904) it does not do much for me

I don't see any output via hdmi and it behaves differently when turning it on with/without several cables attached (usb keyboard, hdmi, etc). Also the blinking light is rapidly speeding up while sometimes LED903 is (continuously) on

I read over at ubuntu pages that snappy-core needs a wired network connection on first boot in order to load stuff over the internet - I don't know if that is the reason I am stuck or if I did anything wron

Thx for feedback and the correction in the wiki btw

Edited by tony_zhang at May 17, 2016 18:35
dawiki replied at May 17, 2016 14:10
thank you very much

I think I got it installed - however apart from a flashing green led (LED904 ...

The beta developer version can not output from HDMI, it can only do from debug_uart or ssh. After you login into the system via debug_uart, you need firstly  configure the wifi network:

1. $ sudo vim /etc/network/interfaces.d/wlan0
  2. allow-hotplug wlan0
  3. iface wlan0 inet dhcp   
  4. wpa-ssid MYSSID
  5. wpa-psk XXXXXXXXX
Copy the Code

and the reboot the system, you can try to install a hello-word to test the snap system:
  1. $ sudo snap install hello-world
  2. $ hello-world.env
Copy the Code

dawiki  
tony_zhang replied at May 17, 2016 18:33
The beta developer version can not output from HDMI, it can only do from debug_uart or ssh. After y ...

Thanks for the clarification!

I don't have a usb-uart connector yet. I already looked into the discussion on the 96boards forum and found a reseller that I can use

I was wondering if there is a way to automatically setup the wlan0 interface in the provided image. As for the SSID and WPA pass - it would be cool to be able to set this up on the sd-card without having to boot once and access the system via UART. This would enable SSH access via WIFI for this particular board

dawiki replied at May 19, 2016 00:56
Thanks for the clarification!

I don't have a usb-uart connector yet. I already looked into the di ...

You can try to insert the sd card to your PC, and try to use the PC to edit the file in SD card.
I did not try this, maybe it can work.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules