Bananian

[solved] BPi-R1 - Boot (part.) on microSD, Root (partition) on SATA HDD

1 1645
Edited by Tido at Aug 01, 2016 11:31

Hi,

I just installed and is able to use Bananian 16.04 on my new Banana Pi R1 router.

As you can see this router allow to use an on board SATA 2.5" Harddrive. Then I added one harddrive of 1 To on it.

Bananian has been installed on the microSD and I saw it create two partitions on it :
Device                               Boot   Start      End Sectors  Size    Id Type
/dev/mmcblk0p1 2048      43007       40960         20M   83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p2      43008 31139839 31096832 14,8G 83 Linux

My request is to know if it is possible to move the content of the /dev/mmcblk0p2 to another partition of the SATA Harddrive.

If yes what specifically must change (and on which files) on the first microSD (/dev/mmcblk0p1) partition content ?
Thank you to explain it by considering my SATA Harddrive is mounted on the /mnt/sda1.
Because I do not know if this SATA Harddrive will automatically be mounted frome the boot (first partition content of the microSD).

Sincerely thanks and have a nice day.

Miguipda ;-)

Resume :
1) keep Boot partition on microSD
2) move Root partition from microSD to internal SATA HDD
3) but :
    a) which files must be modified on the microSD Boot partition and which value to set by considering the internal HDD will be mounted on /mnt/sda1
    b) does Boot partition (from microSD) automatically mount internal SATA HDD then how because it does do it until now (when both microSD partition still on this card)
I found the solution by myself :-)
http://tech.argyropoulos.info/moving-bananian-to-sata-hdd/

Thx

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules