HiKey bricked after trying to flash downloaded AOSP factory images

0 330
hz7225  
I bought a new Hikey 2GB board which powered up into Debian properly. But after I tried to flash the downloaded AOSP images, the board failed to power up and even worse, it didn't even go to the fastboot flash mode anymore when the Link 5-6 are connected. Can someone tell me how to restore it now? Below is the detail of what I did:

I downloaded hikey-3606021-factory-b7f143c0.zip AOSP factory images and followed the steps in this link to flash the images: http://www.96boards.org/document ... n/LinuxFastboot.md/
Everything seemed to be fine except couple image files in the downloaded zip file do not match exactly to what the above link says. The link says to flash the following:

$ sudo fastboot flash ptable ptable-aosp-8g.img
$ sudo fastboot reboot
$ sudo fastboot flash boot boot_fat.uefi.img
$ sudo fastboot flash cache cache.img
$ sudo fastboot flash system system.img
$ sudo fastboot flash userdata userdata-8gb.img

The downloaded zip file doesn't have boot_fat.uefi.img and userdata_8gb.img. It has boot.img and userdata.img. So I did the following:

$ sudo fastboot flash ptable ptable-aosp-8g.img
$ sudo fastboot reboot
$ sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
$ sudo fastboot flash cache cache.img
$ sudo fastboot flash system system.img
$ sudo fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

After that, I unplugged the power cord, removed Link 5-6 of J15 header, and then plugged the power cord again. However the board didn't power up into Android (there was nothing shown in the connected display). And 'adb devices' doesn't enumerate the board.

When I closed Link 5-6 and applied power, fastboot didn't enumerate the device. I'm stuck.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules