Ubuntu

How to add driver (AX88179)

2 649
arun99  
Hi,

I am working on lemaker guiter board. i am using AX88179  USB 3.0 to Ethernet chip. i downloaded linux-actions-bsp from github. in that  linux-actions-bsp/linux-actions/drivers/net/usb i found driver. In Kconfig also i found configuration for this

config USB_NET_AX88179_178A
        tristate "ASIX AX88179/178A USB 3.0/2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet"
        depends on USB_USBNET
        select CRC32
        select PHYLIB
        default y
        help
          This option adds support for ASIX AX88179 based USB 3.0/2.0
          to Gigabit Ethernet adapters.

This driver should work with at least the following devices:
            * ASIX AX88179
            * ASIX AX88178A
            * Sitcomm LN-032

This driver creates an interface named "ethX", where X depends on
          what other networking devices you have in use

i compiled the kernel and updated. But the Driver .KO file i didn't found in lemaker board(/lib/modules/3.10.100/kernel/drivers/net/usb) for that Driver. I found only these .KO Files.

cdc_eem.ko  cdc_ether.ko  cdc_mbim.ko  cdc_ncm.ko  cdc_subset.ko  usbnet.ko

Please guide me how to add AX88179 Driver in  Lemaker Guitar board. Where i need to add this Driver names.

Thanks
Arun

hnsncxy  
Edited by hnsncxy at Feb 07, 2017 08:48

Please refer to the following steps:
Firstly, you must choose the configure option "CONFIG_USB_NET_AX88179_178A" by using command "make linux-config".
Secondly, run command "make hwpack" to compile the source code.
Finally, you will find the 'ko' in directory “build/s500/linux/drivers/net/usb”
ko.png

Hello buddies if you are addicted to play free online games then here on our homepage you will play  minesweeper game online on your pc tablet and smartphone their is no any download and registration required to play this game here you have to detonate the hidden mines on the board.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules