1. Download from the link: |
http://people.canonical.com/~ypw ... ey-01242017.tar.bz2
After download, extract the file from the package, and enter into the directroy from the Terminal.
2. Short J601 config pin1-2 and pin3-4, then connect hikey to the host Linux PC, then use the command below:
Copy the Code
- $ sudo ./hisi-idt.py -d /dev/ttyUSBX --img1=l-loader.bin
- $ sudo fastboot flash ptable ptable-linux.img
- $ sudo fastboot flash fastboot fip.bin
- $ sudo fastboot flash nvme nvme.img
You need replace ttyUSBX with ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1 or ttyUSB2 according to your own hikey usb device node number.
After that you can unplug the HiKey from the PC, of course you also need disconnect the J601 config pin3-4
3. After flash the boot files into the emmc flash, we need flash the system partition into the SD card:
Copy the Code
- $ sudo dd if=hikey-uc16.img of=/dev/sdX bs=32M
- $ sync
4. Insert the SD card and power on the HiKey. For the first boot, we need do the network configuration, so we need use the DEBUG UART login as the HDMI can not work. After the first network configuration, we can login into the hikey via SSH.
When we configure the network first time, we may encouonter the error, just power off and power one again, then you can see WLAN0 have the IP address.
refer to the part below:
- "3. Setup your Ubuntu SSO account"
- "4. First boot"
- "5. Login"
- "First login tips"