Discussion

Landon Collins wants the Giants to draft a wide receiver first

0 15
Landon Collins has an interesting take on what the New York Giants should do with their No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
“That’s a big, Brandon Marshall and Sterling and Eli some more options.”, that’s a tough one. I don’t say it’s a quarterback, via The Daily News. “I’d say we see what we do this offseason. I would say, no. I don’t say it’s a quarterback,” Collins said, um, probably get some help at wide receiver. Get Odell
you'll be hard-pressed to find many fans who want the franchise to use the top pick on a wide receiver.,It's not controversial for Collins to advise passing on a quarterback because many Giants fans want the same thing. Some fans are taking a more short-term approach to fixing the roster and want their No. 2 pick to be used on the offensive line, on running back Saquon Barkley,womens Tavon Wilson Jersey, or in a trade to grab more draft picks and assets. However
Manning has impressive tight end Evan Engram as a weapon in the passing game.,womens Travis Swanson Jersey,Although injuries struck the wide receiver position hard in 2017,womens Nevin Lawson Jersey, Brandon Marshall, the position projects to be one of the Giants' strengths heading into the 2018 NFL Draft. Odell Beckham,Authentic Matt Prater Jersey, leading to communication and timing issues with Eli Manning and his receivers, and Sterling Shepard will all return healthy. Beckham and Marshall missed all but four full games and Shepard only played in a few more full games than them. In addition to his wide receivers
Collins' opinion that the Giants should not draft a quarterback is partly because he still believes in the 37-year-old veteran leader. Of course,womens Glover Quin Jersey,Speaking of Manning,Authentic Mike Daniels Jersey, Collins' confidence in a Manning bounceback season relies at least somewhat on the Giants' ability to fix their offensive line this offseason.
that’s what he needs in front of him.,"He’s (Manning) not playing up to the level I used to watch him play (at) when I used to watch him on TV and stuff like that. It’s just I would say he needs a line,” Collins said. “When Eli has time and everybody sees it, when he has time in that pocket he can make a defense pay big-time. And that’s what we need
why not?” He also said his understanding is Manning doesn’t want to go to any other team.",“I think he has a lot more years left in him, and at the same time it’s Eli Manning, two-time Super Bowl champion
Collins is sure that Manning has no interest in playing elsewhere in 2018.
“He’s looking forward to remain with the Giants for the long haul. He wants to finish his career there,” Collins said.womens Matt Prater Jersey,
Don't miss any of the news on changes,Authentic Tavon Wilson Jersey,The Giants have cleaned house and now they need a new coach,Authentic Travis Swanson Jersey, take a second to sign up for our FREE Giants newsletter!
Collins also spoke about the Ben McAdoo tenure. He once again defended McAdoo and pointed to just one decision as the reason for his downfall as Giants head coach.,Authentic Tahir Whitehead Jersey,“
” Collins said in his first post-season interview.,Authentic Nevin Lawson JerseyThe team I think was kind of,womens Tahir Whitehead Jersey,it was up-and-down (about McAdoo’s firing). I mean, I was pretty upset that he was gone because he’s a great coach. I think what got him out the door was I think when he sat down Eli Manning
but that’s a player and that’s a coach and you’re gonna have that. But at the same time we came to an agreement where we all had that one common goal.”,Authentic Glover Quin Jersey“But other than that I think he was a great coach,” Collins added of McAdoo. “We always talked,womens Clay Matthews Jersey,womens Mike Daniels Jersey, we always saw eye-to-eye. We had our (disagreements)
Collins' opinion that McAdoo was a great coach might somehow be more controversial than his earlier take on where the Giants should use their first-round draft pick.,Authentic Clay Matthews Jersey,

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules