Discussion

notes and opinions on first-round options

0 71
The NFL draft is about seven weeks away,Authentic Randy Gregory Jersey, so there is still so much that can — and will — change before the first round begins. But I surely didn’t expect to be more confused about the direction the Ravens might go with the 16th overall pick after six days in Indianapolis for the scouting combine than I was before it.
the Ravens would likely select an offensive tackle with their first-round pick. Now,Authentic Taco Charlton Jersey, I’m not sure there is an offensive lineman except for Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson,My gut feeling at this time last week was that unless Alabama wide receiver Calvin Ridley fell,Authentic Chidobe Awuzie Jersey, who is probably a top-five pick at this point,womens Jourdan Lewis Jersey, who makes sense in the middle of the first round. And I’m suddenly not convinced Ridley is a no-brainer selection for the Ravens anymore either.
not a tackle. Notre Dame’s Mike McGlinchey is probably the most logical tackle target for the Ravens at 16, but plenty of evaluators consider him more of a back-end first-round guy. There are some talented guards in the draft,It was a difficult week in Indianapolis for much of the offensive-line class. Oklahoma tackle Orlando Brown bombed his workout and is suddenly a lot closer to a Day 3 pick than a Day 1 selection. Plenty of draft pundits insist that Texas’ Connor Williams is a guard, but taking one in the first really doesn’t make a ton sense for the Ravens unless the plan is to move Alex Lewis out to right tackle and the team has been reluctant to do that.
he certainly didn’t perform poorly in Indianapolis. He just didn’t really stand out and he didn’t always jump off the tape during his final college season either. He’ll probably still be the first wide receiver taken, but that doesn’t mean evaluators are convinced he’ll be a bona fide No. 1 in the NFL. The rest of the receiver class is good,As for Ridley,womens Byron Jones Jersey,womens Randy Gregory Jersey, and everybody loves Maryland’s DJ Moore,Authentic Chaz Green Jersey, but mid-first still might be too early for him.
There are also no obvious tight end or running back fits in the middle of the first round,womens Chaz Green Jersey,womens Taco Charlton Jersey,womens Chidobe Awuzie Jersey, and it remains unlikely the team will draft a quarterback that early. So where does that leave the Ravens? Trading back is never easy when you’re drafting in the middle of the first round because there’s not a discernible difference in the type of player who goes at 15-16 and the ones that are selected in the low 20s.Teams are more likely to stand pat.
who would be,Authentic Jourdan Lewis Jersey, at the very least,Authentic Ryan Switzer Jersey,So do the Ravens just take the top receiver on their board when they’re on the clock even if it might not represent the best value? Do they settle for McGlinchey,womens Ryan Switzer Jersey, a serviceable starter right from the start? Or do they target the best defensive player on the board at the time, which could be an inside linebacker such as Tremaine Edmunds or Roquan Smith or a safety such as Derwin James?
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
but other team officials are not allowed to talk to him while he’s suspended. Essentially,Authentic Xavier Woods Jersey, the team is in wait-and-see mode. The Ravens are not counting on him at all,womens Xavier Woods Jersey,Ravens director of player engagement Harry Swayne has been in communication with Waller, but if Waller was reinstated, it seems like they’d be inclined to at least give him a look over the summer.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules