Other OS

Using Midi

7 2839
I have a Edirol UA-25EX soundcard which supports midi. However, i noticed that the snd_seq modules couldn't be loaded. modprobe snd_seq gives me a fatal error, the module couldn't be loaded. What's the best thing to do? Compiling my own kernel? And how to make sure every module i need will be available in that case?
it seems CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER and the alikes were not defined in the kernel config. What would be the best option? filing an issue on the linux-sunxi repository?

Yeah I have the same problem, I need midi but the alsa sequencer is missing from my kernel, don't have time to build it myself. Raspberry pi has the alsa midi sequencer in its kernel but those are too slow for my application I really really really need midi in the kernel and anyone wanting to use a banana pi to compose music is most likely going to need this too lol, while you have raw midi the key piece for jackd is the alsa sequencer module.

I'm trying to build from scratch but had issues with that, that would be one solution but it would be super nice if we just had this in place as with the raspberry pi so I can spend my time working on my application instead of messing with building from source for my entire os.

What's the best thing to do?

This issue has been open for more than a year by now without any reaction from lemakers side.
Fortunately somebody else has provided the solution.
I would recommend that you just dump all the lemaker images and run Armbian on your Bananapi instead. Here everything is in place.
http://www.armbian.com/documentation/
I have done so and now I am finally able to do some audio programming for the BPi.
I am currently working to apply the rt kernel patch that will make audio latencies below 10 ms possible using the inbuilt audio out.  With that in place You won't even need an externel midi audio interface to run a synthesizer on the Banana Pi
Here is the thread in the Armbian forum:
http://forum.armbian.com/index.p ... patch-on-banana-pi/

Andreas

Zwinto  
can't someone smart person just make a kernel that works...I'm about to go crazy here.. I neeed USB midi

Zwinto  
found one.. Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 works great.

wty123  
coach outlet usa, polo ralph lauren outlet online, nfl browns jerseys, ray ban uk, nfl titans jerseys, polo ralph lauren outlet, doudoune north face, tommy hilfiger outlet stores, nfl bengals jerseys, jerseys from china, rolex replica, air max 90, kate spade bags, nfl packers jerseys, nike air max, nike, rayban, polo ralph lauren outlet, swarovski online shop, coach outlet store, portland trail blazers jerseys, air max thea, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, prada sunglasses, longchamp black friday, under armour outlet, hollister online shop, nike uk, ralph lauren outlet, hornets jersey, tommy hilfiger canada, nfl eagles jerseys, air jordan shoes, free running, hogan, nfl cowboys jerseys, nike roshe run, washington wizards jerseys, fred perry, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, new balance store, barbour outlet store, air max shoes, dsquared2 shoes, oakley, orlando magic jerseys, north face backpacks, new york knicks jersey, beats headphones, fred perry polos, cheap true religion, ray ban prezzi, minnesota timberwolves jerseys, mcm bags, coach factory outlet, michael kors, nfl jets jerseys, nike id, coach outlet online, omega watches, jimmy choo, ray ban wayfarer, nike roche, hilfiger outlet, toronto raptors jerseys, nike outlet, dansko shoes outlet, vans, burberry handbags, coach outlet, adidas online shop, clippers jerseys, pumas, cheap ray ban, nfl falcons jerseys, adidas.nl, nfl bills jerseys, ralph lauren, mbt shoes, oakley outlet, givenchy, basketball shoes, hollister co, ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online, jordan retro 11, pandora jewellery australia, ed hardy, adidas, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, nfl ravens jerseys, nfl patriots jerseys, michael kors uhren, tory burch sale, michael kors outlet, michael kors, timberland pas cher, horloges, burberry outlet online, hollister, burberry outlet online, nba jersey, iphone 4s cases, cheap barbour jackets, marc jacobs handbags, nfl buccaneers jerseys, cheap jordans, tommy hilfiger outlet, swarovski crystal, ferragamo shoes, easton bats,

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules