XBMC and 1080p

26 15316
liab  
Edited by liab at Tue Dec 2, 2014 20:23

Thank you mattrix, this combi works on my w7 (64) lap with inbuild reader without errors!

Edit: By second try with phoenix I got the wellknown script error. After reboot all again was ok.

The best way is dragonface not. Load and save the same is not the same. Better is to manipulate the image
before compiling it.

mattrix  
Sometimes I find DragonFace starts playing up.

I just delete it's folder and unzip it again and it fixes it

dlanor  
mattrix's mention of deleting the DragonFace folder reminded me of one thing that may be messing up DragonFace results for some people, apart from the dependencies on version (of either DragonFace or OS).

As you know dragonface unpacks the entire image into various files, some in the system's temp folder, and some in its own program folder.
But if both OS and DragonFace are installed with defaults for most things, then both those folders will be on the C: boot partition.
And that's a partition some people like to keep small, to simplify partition backup.

But if there is not sufficient free space on that partition to unpack the entire image, then DragonFace will of course fail, one way or another.

I've only measured the difference for the DragonFace folder (the temp stuff is probably small enough to ignore), and the disk space used by that folder rose from 70 MB to 619 MB after launching DragonFace and loading an Android image. So clearly this would have failed if less than 549 MB had been free at the time.

For most of us with modern desktop systems and HDDs this is probably not an issue, but it might affect someone having a laptop with a small HDD already overstuffed by other storage needs. It's something to keep in mind, just as another thing to check for in these cases.

Best regards: dlanor

ChrisP  
dlanor replied at Wed Dec 3, 2014 12:54
mattrix's mention of deleting the DragonFace folder reminded me of one thing that may be messing up  ...

Hi dlanor,

it fact it's a bit more than that.

The full img is extracted as raw files in temp first, then content of these file is extracted in DragonFace subfolder. In addition the system partition is extracted twice in temp folder, one with system.lhs file name, and one with temporary file name.

So temp folder can easily grow more than a Gbyte when opening an android image.

mattrix  
My issue wasn't space.

Just the program somehow corrupting itself.
Happens pretty rarely.
I just have the zip of it in it's parent directly, so just "right click, delete, right click, extract"

I also notice DragonFace runs an adb.exe in the background.
This can also sometimes not stop completely and then won't let you delete the folder

dlanor  
ChrisP replied at Wed Dec 3, 2014 07:49
Hi dlanor,

it fact it's a bit more than that.

Clearly I underestimated the space used, as your description makes it clear that DragonFace will temporarily use at least twice the amount of space as truly needed for the fully unpacked image. Perhaps even thrice, if it processes raw partition images into extracted files in 'temp' before copying them to the subfolders of its program folder.

This makes it all the more likely that a few users of small laptop systems may have had DragonFace problems because of space issues.
Since the system will need free space for other normal work too, I guess that at least 2 GB should be free for safely working with DragonFace.

Best regards: dlanor

I tried to open an img with DragonFace but always give me the same error "Firmware does not support the tools to modify, make sure that the firmware version: OK"... I am with Windows 10 64bit, I used also the version from mattrix, any suggestion?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules