Other OS

Core Ubuntu Server 14.04 Image

51 33552
DL01  
You can try to install a software. If something does not work you can give me about it.

I actually already tried to install several versions of kubuntu : kubuntu-desktop, kde-full, kde-plasma-desktop, kubuntu-full...
Of course, none of the packages are referenced into the installed ppa.

Then I tried to install various ppa, but I got nowhere since the packages python-software-properties is not installed (an can't be installed for some reason)... I also tried the software-properties-common... which seemed to install properly, but which did not allow me to go further anyway...

I am pretty sure that if I could install a reasonably complete kde/plasma desktop, that would be a good starting point. After that, it is just a matter of adding the appropriate ppa for each additional software.

The "bug" seems to be with the initial addition of kde.

As mentioned in my first message, I was able, at some point, to achieve that result (as well as add a good number of applications which can be used in a Middle/High school environment) staring from the Lubuntu image, and the synaptic tool. So, I KNOW it can be done, and the result was very encouraging on the Banana Pi (still surprisingly reactive for such a small machine). But that wasn't particularly "clean" or optimized. I also had a strange problem : access to the tool that lets users add widgets would be "locked" : it would open, but it would not react to the input devices (keyboard or mouse)... Hence my idea of starting from your image, which should be cleaner.

SF88  
Edited by SF88 at Mon Nov 24, 2014 20:54

Image works great!
Wanted to install owncloud, hence need the LAMP-server. Apache installs seamlessly. However mysql gives me headaches: It comes up with error about root password. I guess, it misses some repositories!? Any hints?

SOLVED IT!

Problem was that mysql was not able to access the /tmp directory (source: third answer in http://askubuntu.com/questions/2 ... the-mysql-root-user). Here's the code to change that:
  1. sudo su
  2. chown root:root /tmp
  3. chmod 1777 /tmp
  4. /usr/sbin/mysqld &
Copy the Code
After that, run the install command again.

Be patient! The configuration of mysql takes time ...

dylan  
Hi, Is the linux system that  you had finished  on the base of the Ubuntu core rootfs ? and the link as below:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/14.04/release/
Thanks

Hi, I tried your image. I'm using RBPi as NAS, but BPi is better for my needs. I have several USB HDD formatted using XFS, I already installed xfsprogs, but there is not xfs module. Any idea? (apart from compiling it by hands)

Thanks, Pietro.

dylan replied at Sat Dec 6, 2014 09:24
Hi, Is the linux system that  you had finished  on the base of the Ubuntu core rootfs ? and the link ...

Yes it based on this rootfs.

pleonepola replied at Thu Jan 1, 2015 06:41
Hi, I tried your image. I'm using RBPi as NAS, but BPi is better for my needs. I have several USB HD ...

Sorry i cant help you.

Hi,

I have installed your image on my BananaPI and it works perfectly for me.
The only thing I would like to know is how can I enable syslog for debugging.

It would be nice, if you could share it.

Thanks a lot

I have solved the problem with the repositories. To be able to install any software you need to replace the folder /etc/apt with the folder which you can download here.

Thereafter, an apt-get update and now you can install any software which is available for disposal.

rcanete  
Hello

This version have Java Installed?

makoestler replied at Mon Feb 2, 2015 13:18
Hi,

I have installed your image on my BananaPI and it works perfectly for me.

hello someone?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules