Other OS

Core Ubuntu Server 14.04 Image

51 33799
rcanete replied at Wed Feb 25, 2015 09:02
Hello

This version have Java Installed?

no java is not installed. but you can easily install itself.

Hi,

I have installed your image on my BananaPI and it works perfectly for me.
The only thing I would like to know is how can I enable syslog for debugging.

It would be nice, if you could share it.

Thanks a lot

Hi

Your distro has loads of problems so far i got it:

-problem with rights for example for /var/log/auth.log - syslog unable to write to it - fixed myself
-problem with mysql - it cannot create some file it uses to communicate to base - couldnt fix

Anyways, thanks for your efforts! Will try to build my own distro.

alecu  
Hi can not update "sudo apt-get update" repository trust error,

"apt-get install" can not install any thing

ping google.com working

alecu replied at Sun Jun 7, 2015 20:34
Hi can not update "sudo apt-get update" repository trust error,

"apt-get install" can not install a ...

Hello

Please delete the old /etc/apt Folder then make apt-get update. You got a Error, now download the new one and copy it to the old path. now you can make apt-get update and you can install everything.

I hope i can help you

blmk  
Hi I am new. i downloaded ubunti. I see texts at boot. How do I start OS?

SF88  
michiboy1996 replied at Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:51
Hello

Please delete the old /etc/apt Folder then make apt-get update. You got a Error, now downl ...

Can you please check the link you provided? It seems it is broken. When I try to follow the link, it times out ...

atico  
thanks for the image. I downloaded the one with ssh. But I have some problems. I want to run this sertver on it - mailinabox.email and I experienced problems with:
1. Sudo. Was not able to use sudo and su root. Had to google for solving it.
2. Repositories problem: I can't download packages I need. for example python3-pip. I've tried to add repositories edited /etc/apt/sources.list but no luck. I even copied apt folder from existing Ubuntu to your image installed on my SD card. No luck with that.

Is there a posibility to have normal Ubuntu 14.04 server, without GUI, but with all normail packages and repositories in it so I can install it on my SD card, plug it in Banana Pi and install mailinabox server on it. This would be perfect for me. SSH server is also a must.

Thanks

atico  
thanks for the image. I downloaded the one with ssh. But I have some problems. I want to run this sertver on it - mailinabox.email and I experienced problems with:
1. Sudo. Was not able to use sudo and su root. Had to google for solving it.
2. Repositories problem: I can't download packages I need. for example python3-pip. I've tried to add repositories edited /etc/apt/sources.list but no luck. I even copied apt folder from existing Ubuntu to your image installed on my SD card. No luck with that.

Is there a posibility to have normal Ubuntu 14.04 server, without GUI, but with all normail packages and repositories in it so I can install it on my SD card, plug it in Banana Pi and install mailinabox server on it. This would be perfect for me. SSH server is also a must.

Thanks

igorpec  
Edited by igorpec at Thu Jul 9, 2015 11:16
s there a posibility to have normal Ubuntu 14.04 server, without GUI,

Trusty with both kernels.

http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2014/09/07/banana-pi-debian-sd-image/

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules