Other OS

is There anyway to use my raspberry pi sd card on this banana pi

10 6332
I had a hard time to configure raspberry pi, so is There a faster way to transfer all the configuration and application using existing the backup of raspberry pi to banana pi?
First you should burn the uboot and kernel into the banana pi, and then the  system layer you can use the your raspberry pi. In other word, we should ensure the uboot and kernel is suitable to banana pi(you can get these two from the image we have released), and then you can burn any linux distribution.

Post Last Edited by daristan at 2014-5-20 18:38

Reply 2# tony_zhang

Do u have any good guide or details to do?
Can you do a idiot guide for this? I believe alot of people would want to migrate from raspberry pi to banana pi without much trouble.

loscar  
Hi all,
Did you got a working solution to "transfer" a raspberry already installed distribution to a Banana PI ?
Thank you.

Hi all,
Did you got a working solution to "transfer" a raspberry already installed distribution to a ...
loscar Posted at 2014-5-27 14:51

Think we just have to wait for somebody to do a step by step guide. I also concern whether the other feature such as sata will be affected as raspberry pi does not include one.

Reply 6# daristan

Don't worry about that. The new Raspbian v2.0 is port from the Raspberry. The sata is relative to kernel

release_note.rar

610 Bytes, Downloads: 46

Reply  daristan

Don't worry about that. The new Raspbian v2.0 is port from the Raspberry. The sata ...
tony_zhang Posted at 2014-5-27 21:17

Thanks tony, was abit confuse after reading the wiki, can you do a step by step guide?

Xnyle  
Apparently he can't but it's not that hard, here is what I did and it worked first try:

Write bpi image to sd card as normal
Put SD card into USB SD card reader and plug that into your rpi (in my case it popped up as sdc, but might be sdb in your case)
use fdisk /dev/sdc to delete sdc2 and recreate it with proper size (use p to print out the beginning of /dev/sdc2, write it down, than d 2 for deleting n p 2 <written down beginning>, default end for all space (if you have problems understanding this, rtffm
sync
unplug USB sd card reader and plug it in again to make kernel reread partitions
e2fschk -f /dev/sdc2
resize2fs /dev/sdc2
mount /dev/sdc2 /mnt
rsync -av /mnt/lib/modules/* /lib/modules # copies bpi modules to rpi sd, the only thing we need to preserve from the crappy bpi image, after bpi is running, you may clean up the rpi modules
rm -Rf /mnt/run/* # yeah that wouldn't be there in the first place if the bpi img was a proper image ;)
rsync -aAXv /* /mnt/ --delete --exclude={"/dev/*","/proc/*","/sys/*","/tmp/*","/run/*","/mnt/*","/media/*",/lost+found} # of course if you have mounted some other disk on your rpi, you should exclude that as well
sync

That's it. SD worked out of the box this way.

Apparently he can't but it's not that hard, here is what I did and it worked first try:

Write bpi i ...
Xnyle Posted at 2014-7-16 14:17

tks,can explain abit more clearly as though is idiot proof. Youtube video? We are really very beginner

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules