Bananian

SATA port multiplier support

107 45376
Edited by blindpet at Fri Mar 27, 2015 18:34
tkaiser replied at Fri Mar 27, 2015 00:11
That's because "what you said" is different from what you've been advised to do.  

You've been  ...

OK, I have a new issue when using Igor's image. My plan is to release this image with OpenMediaVault integrated, however I cannot mount anything in the gui from either USB or SATA. I figured you may be able to help, a list of the errors is here I do think it's a kernel thing, I used Igor's precompiled image and got the same error for the 3.19 release. When I use his 3.4 release I can mount in gui successfully.

3.4 didn't support the modular approach right? So maybe my best bet is to build one with non-modular multiplier support. Is it the same line to remove the NO_PMP (like you did here) or is CONFIG_SATA_PMP=y enough?

Add post (Sat Mar 28, 2015 03:55):
CONFIG_SATA_PMP=y is not enough with 3.4.106 apparently

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:02
blindpet replied at Fri Mar 27, 2015 17:22
CONFIG_SATA_PMP=y is not enough with 3.4.106 apparently

Right, you have to patch the sources before and from then on you can't use a directly connected SATA disk any more. The relevant stuff für 3.4 is outlined here: http://forum.lemaker.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9207

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:04
blindpet replied at Fri Mar 27, 2015 17:22
My plan is to release this image with OpenMediaVault integrated, however I cannot mount anything in the gui from either USB or SATA

Did you already tried to install the acl Debian package? "sudo apt-get install acl"

tkaiser replied at Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:03
Did you already tried to install the acl Debian package? "sudo apt-get install acl"

Just did that and was very hopeful but unfortunately same issue. I'm talking to both the OMV people and Igor to hopefully get it resolved. Until then I've made a bananian image with PMP but not as a module. Would much rather use Igor's. I am open to any other ideas you may have.

Edited by blindpet at Sun Mar 29, 2015 09:51

I have prepared a Bananian image with SATA port multiplier support and documented how to do it step by step. There may be a udev rule problem with the image so if anybody tests it let me know if it works for you.

Amurzet  
Hello. Thanks to you good job for community. I have external 4 drive raid massive with e-sata interface.
Stock bananian image lets me use only first disk. Yours custom image solved this problem - I use all 4 drives as program raid level 5 .

But I need in using new 15.08 image
from ( http://www.htpcguides.com/rebuil ... multiplier-support/ )

It s problem to download it from it's location (Mega). May be its just in Russia. (proxy did not helped)
No problem with 15.04 image, which hosted in MediaFire

Can you give me alternative link to 15.08 image ?

PS: Why I just don't use 15.04 ? All ok before I try to install samba (to share raid content to network).
There is problems to install due to wronh header of elf in perl library etc, I can't resolve this problems.

Thanks a lot.

Amurzet  
The problem with 15.04 solved by reinstall perl-base packet :

aptitude reinstall perl-base

Hello,

I'm trying to get the Sata port multipler JMB321 at the Bananapi M2U to run.
Jessie Lite / Kernel 3.10.65, Allwinner R40.
The instructions for the Bananapi do not work. I've tryed
to patch linux-sunxi/drivers/ata/sw_ahci_platform.c - but it doesn't work.
Only one HDD is shown .How can I enable PMP?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules