Discussion

[SOLVED] Question: "mali_drm_dri.so"

1 8622
ryad  
Post Last Edited by ryad at 2014-9-3 08:48

Hi community,
I managed to compile libdri2, libump, sunxi-mali and xf86-video-fbturbo on my BPi running Arch Linux to get the accelerated fbturbo driver for the X server. es2gears shows an average of 150 FPS, which is satisfying compared to the previous 60 with fbdev.

I also got accelerated mplayer running using libvdpau_sunxi.

Now I'm trying to setup xbmc and retroarch. Unfortunately both applications complain, that mali_drm_dri.so is missing, like:

1. libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/mali_drm_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/mali_drm_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
  2. libGL error: unable to load driver: mali_drm_dri.so
Copy the Code

I found a lot of similar issues on the Web, but no real solution. Is it even possible to get a working mali_drm_dri.so? The error mentions libGL which sounds like a general problem with the missing OpenGL support of the Mali 400 to me.

Any explanation and/or suggestion is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Ryad
ryad  
Post Last Edited by ryad at 2014-9-3 08:50

Okay, I figured out for myself.

The error above really seems to be related to the lack of OpenGL. Fortunately I could get RetroArch and XBMC running on my Banana Pi, but it was a quite a challenge.

I posted kind of guides for bulding these programs on my blog, in case someone is interested in getting XBMC and/or SNES emulation via RetroArch set up on the BPi running Arch Linux.

Banana Pi / Arch Linux / XBMC
Banana Pi / Arch Linux / SNES emulation using RetroArch

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules