Bananian

Plex Media Server on bananian

16 16447
Hi guys,
First at all thanks for this link, it's great having some hope for getting it work :-P
A few days ago I've got a BPro and I want to run a plexmediaserver on our because I want to stream it to my Chromecast. I followed the instructions and got it run. I am able to access the pms via web or android and add files, but unfortunately I can't play them in browser or stream to Chromecast something like "an error occurred"is displayed every time. Do you have any ideas why? Are you really able to run pms on bananian and play the files on other medias?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings Pyro

I am getting a /bin/zsh not found when I try to enter the chroot on Bananian, did anybody here succeed on Bananian or did you use Raspbian?

Edited by macmadness86 at Tue Mar 3, 2015 12:58
blindpet replied at Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12
I am getting a /bin/zsh not found when I try to enter the chroot on Bananian, did anybody here succe ...

Yes, I had this problem to. The solution is to do this:
  1. chroot /chroots/wheezy-armel /bin/bash
Copy the Code

Edited by macmadness86 at Tue Mar 3, 2015 13:02

So I followed the guide and got Plex Media Server running on the Banana Pi running Bananian. To get the media to show up, you need to mount/bind the media to the chroot environment. I mounted my ext2 formatted USB stick as a test with

mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /media/4gbUSB

and in my /etc/fstab I put:

/media/4gbUSB    /chroots/wheezy-armel/media/4gbUSB    none bind 0 0

Your files should show up in Plex
My problem is that certain files do not play (seems to be the big ones—ones needing real-time transcoding). Anybody have a hint here? The same files that don't play over Plex work fine over Samba.

macmadness86 replied at Tue Mar 3, 2015 12:57
Yes, I had this problem to. The solution is to do this:

Thank you! Now i can try this properly, do you know if installing upstart breaks the chroot? It does in raspbian and means I am kind of screwed since I use upstart scripts for most applications.

Do you know if it will work on OpenMediaVault?

n0mad  
Good news everyone!

You can now install Plex without chroot....
Using a Synology package compiled for an arm7 processor.

Here is the guide:

http://www.htpcguides.com/instal ... -on-raspberry-pi-2/

You can now install Plex Media Server without a chroot, full guide here

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules