Other Projects

Just Another BananaPi Case [DIY LEGO® Version]

8 6006
xefil  
Hello to all!

Here I would like to share with you my new case.
The idea comes from a project I've seen on the net. I've used the LEGO® Digital Designer software (ldd.lego.com) to build my own Lego Case. LEGO® doesn't accept project anymore so, to purchase the parts needed, I've created an account on Bricklink.com. Bricklink is a portal that groups different LEGO® stores. Simply choose the one near to you and look if it contains all the pieces needed. To obtain the list of the parts used, I've installed LDD Manager, downloaded from here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41993

It opens the Lego Projects and stores the list of the parts into a MDB file.

So, the trick is find a good store and, if some parts are not available on the choosen store, you can choose another, make different orders on different stores (it involves more shipment costs) or correct the project to use only parts available on the store.
The last approach is what I've used. This is the reason why, you'll see some parts that are not the best ones (like little plates instead of one big).

I'm started using a Raspberry Pi example but then, looking near on the size, I've created a new project, because our Banana Pi is a little bigger.

Here some pictures!

Lego DD #01

Lego DD #01

(Lego DD screenshot #01)

Lego DD #02

Lego DD #02

(Lego DD screenshot #02)

Lego DD #03

Lego DD #03

(Lego DD screenshot #03)

And here the project ended in real!!

Lego Case Real Pic #01

Lego Case Real Pic #01

Lego Case Real Pic #02

Lego Case Real Pic #02

Lego Case Real Pic #06

Lego Case Real Pic #06

Lego Case Real Pic #05

Lego Case Real Pic #05

Lego Case Real Pic #04

Lego Case Real Pic #04

(after taken this picture, I've added a little plate 1 x 2 attached inside on the technik hole to press a little the board down. You can see it right from the SD Card over the DC-IN Micro USB)

Lego Case Real Pic #03

Lego Case Real Pic #03

Lego Case Real Pic #07

Lego Case Real Pic #07

Lego Case Real Pic #08

Lego Case Real Pic #08

The roof gives free access to LVDS display Interface, but it's simply to rebuild it with the same parts to have free access to the CSI connector camera as well as to GPIO headers:

Lego Case Real Pic #09

Lego Case Real Pic #09

Last but not least, feel free to start with my Project file!

BananaPI_Lego_Case_v3.zip (12.8 KB, Downloads: 132)