Resolutions supported by Android on Banana Pi

17 14451
dlanor  
The best way to do this kind of thing is to modify the image file before installing it to an SD card, by using the DragonFace program (as described in other posts).

After installation it's not safe to mount any partition of the Android SD card as a normal filesystem under any OS. The partition scheme is completely abnormal and specific only for Android images. Trying to modify any content using normal file/disk utilities of either Linux or Windows is likely to corrupt the content, and not just the stuff you wanted to access.

What you can do with some of the content is to use the running Android system to perform modifications to that content, since that's the only safe way to access such content. Since the Android system we use is pre-rooted, we can gain access to almost everything for modification, and with further changes to the 'vold.fstab' file it should be possible to mount all partitions of interest so that they are accessible to file editing tool apps.

But it will probably take a few experiments to find out the best ways of doing this.

Best regards: dlanor

mika123  
Post Last Edited by mika123 at 2014-8-27 15:55

I've managed to boot into a 4:3 aspect ratio with these settings:
  1. [disp_init]
  2. disp_init_enable        = 1
  3. disp_mode               = 0

4. screen0_output_type     = 4
  5. screen0_output_mode     = 3

6. screen1_output_type     = 0
  7. screen1_output_mode     = 4
Copy the Code
I know it wasn't supposed to work, but id did...

On a side-note, I originally wanted 1024x768, but tis did not work the way I wanted: I got 1024 pixels of screen and then the screen started repeating itself. Going for 1280x1024 instead ensured that the full width of the screen was used.

Also, note that I disabled screen1 and left only screen0 active... I can't see any difference, but for a safer mod, you may want to leave it enabled.

Anyway, if someone else wants to play with those settings, here are where you can learn about that settings file:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Display#HDMI

http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide#disp_init_configuration

It turns out that people with cubieboards and pcduinos have similar questions and use similar solutions.

Nice find Mika...

Someone must try and see if it works with the Linux distros as well....

Reply 13# sashijoseph

Here all the parameters for [init_disp]:

thanks actkk2000....
I've already studied the fex parameters but I don't have a hdmi TV to try out whether the VGA mode and vga resolutions work with a hdmi TV using a Linux distro.(this is what Mika discovered with Andoid)

Hi to all,

Im new to android but familar with linux dists.

Was looking at BPi as a multimedia device..?

from my experience. Android 4.4b1img from http://www.bananapi.com/ worked ok got xbmc, youtube & tv players to work
Like yourself initially install screen layout & resolution was not suitable for my tv missing toolbars etc....

Tried using the image editing procedure found online but like everybody modify fex oe sysconfig file & image files with no suceess.

I did get a working solution..

What I did was

Some said can do it via 'android terminal' but if get it wrong meant and image reinstall

Ended up installing adb (http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html)n on PC (win7 latop) and added driver  UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi from ClockworkMod (have a copy if needed) search may find it.

This allowd to connenet to BPi via adb.

Using adb shell

Once in  adb shell

used wm commanads not am?

usage: wm [subcommand] [options]
       wm size [reset|WxH]
       wm density [reset|DENSITY]
       wm overscan [reset|LEFT,TOP,RIGHT,BOTTOM]

I ended up with

wm size 1366x768
wm overscan 40,15,50,50
so for 800x600 -> wm size 800x600

start with your res check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution you want

The overscan alllow you to adjust screen size.so to move left eg 10,0,0,0 -. small no's

The advanatge usig adb the can use command wm size reset / wm overscan reset to fix any error. Using PC to till get it right

Finally the settings were saved on my BPiwithout image adj's, so do a reboot these settings were saved, where stored still need to find out.

As for xbmc this was also wrong but adjustments in system -> video resoltion resolved this issue.
From testing if want multimedia android is a good solution, for myself I need cli control with things like wireless, , added modules as

needed, more network services it will be going back archlinux plus android needs 64 bit/20GB+ may have to get a cheap vps with 64 bit

which OS? advice...

Regards

ronald
If want fi steps pm me

Nice info Ronald...
So now overscan/resolution  issues can be solved in Android!
seems not with linux though.

Hello,

I am unable to get any 16:10 resolution in Android. I tried different settings, HDMI/VGA mode, but Android falls back in 720p every time causing bad aspect ration/stretched icons.

According to the underlying C code there should be at least 1280x1024 possible, but no luck with that. Still getting:
  1. wm size
  2. Physical size: 1280x720
Copy the Code

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules