Other OS

make image with Yocto

10 8623
John  
Is there anybody have interest in make a image with yocto project ?
Reply 1# John
Have you successfully make it? If not, I can help.

John  
Reply 2# voiceshen

I'm still working on it.
I don't have too much time on it due to the busy works.

sqr82  
I have a working infrastructure to build yocto/aangstroem images for BananaPi. I will compile the patches hopefully during the next days and then make them available. I'll keep you posted.

Roman

looking forward...good luck.

John  
Reply 4# sqr82

You can try the meta recipes from my github:https://github.com/xleng/meta-sunxi
https://github.com/xleng/meta-bananapi

Please let me know if you get any trouble.

sqr82  
Good work John,

I see you made a new layer for the LeMaker adjustments, whereas I made a fork of meta-sunxi and put everything there. I wonder which way is better...yours seems clearer, but then you made adjustments to meta-sunxi as well...
Anyway, I also have a recipe for RPi.GPIO...but I didn't put so much effort in graphics/GLES.

One important notice because I spend a lot of time scratching my head on this one...the README in meta-sunxi says you should set DEFAULTTUNE to enable optimizations for A20, actually this didn't work for me, it had to be DEFAULTTUNE_<machinenname> (DEFAULTTUNE_bananapi).
Also my oe-core didn't know about the "v4" (the version included by sunxi/setup-scripts is not the newest one apparently), so while I was on this I dug a little deeper and it turned out that even setting this option doesn't do what it's supposed to do, because if you enable the neon engine, you would also have to add "-funsafe-math-optimizations" to the gcc command-line (see http://wits-hep.blogspot.de/2013 ... -allwinner-a20.html) which for me breaks compiling already at library level. So you're probably better off with "-mfpu=vfpv4-d16". I did include conf files for this in my version of meta-sunxi as well.
I hope I didn't confuse everybody too much with this...

Roman

John  
Reply 7# sqr82

Hi  Roman,
   In my opinion, the meta-sunxi should just contain the allwinner chip (such as A20) related recipes, so I make some changes in meta-sunxi to support bananapi board, and I hope this could been integrated to the sunxi branch in the futures.
   Other recipes related to bananapi board will be located in meta-bananapi layer.

I add this line in mine local.conf file, and it works fine.
   DEFAULTTUNE = "cortexa7hf-neon-vfpv4"
   By the way, I use a prebuild linaro toolchain "gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.7-2013.04" and daisy branch for meta-openembedded layer.

sqr82  
That sounds interesting...Maybe I could try to knit together my changes with your version. It does in fact make sense to have an extra layer, you're absolutely right.
How do you know the tune is working? Did you check the gcc command-line in the logs? If I use DEFAULTTUNE (without the machine part) everything works fine, but the "-mtune=cortex7a" and other stuff is missing from the gcc command line. And does your compiler run with "-funsafe-math-optimizations"? I don't want to sound like the all too bright guy here, but to me it seems enabling neon is in vain if you don't tell the compiler to ignore IEEE floating point compliance...it will simply refuse to use the neon extension (see the link in my last post).
But then maybe that really is different with your toolchain.
Sorry for being so ...persistent.
Have a nice day,
Roman

John  
Reply 9# sqr82

Here is the compile flag:
   arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mtune=cortex-a7
   If you build the toolchain yourself, you may need some special configuration, but I'm not sure about this.

You can try the linaro and codesourcery toolchain.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules