Other Projects

[HowTo-V4.5] DIY Arcade Kiosk - RetroArch (0.37b5 iMAME4all, SNES) on ArchLinux

90 27618
xefil  
ryad replied at 2014-10-15 02:14
Very nice improvement! Maybe you could share an image of your solution for http://forum.lemaker.org/ ...

Why a link to RetroPie emulator thread on Raspbian? :-)

I'll share my solution (pictures and a video) the next days. Maybe in this thread or I'll open a new thread in this forum section, if it's an appropriate place

Simon

Always give us surprise!

KyRol  
Edited by KyRol at 2014-10-19 14:39
xefil replied at 2014-10-15 02:02
Hello guys!
I share you a big improovment using FRAMEBUFFER instead of X11. This let you play the ga ...

Now I didn't saw your reply, it is good idea to use reply button instead formatting text;) About frambuffer I knew before. I know about fbturbo/G2D which is capable to boost 2D graphics in X11. Is also possible to run on BPi XBMC 12.2 with OpenGL ES 2.0 support + Librhybris. I found great article about it here. In general Cubieforums are the way! There are many, quite mature, interesting projects using very similar Allwinner A20 boards;) Unfortunately I still waiting for my BPi patiently, but when I receive it I hope I finish my project.

Anyway I will enjoy if I could see your video as well as your Arcade Case. Once again - very good job done.

xefil  
Edited by xefil at 2014-10-20 00:46

@KyRol

Now I didn't saw your reply, it is good idea to use reply button instead formatting text;)

I prefer to have all on the first post. BTW I'll update both, I mean, first post and a reply to let people know there are news ;-)

About frambuffer I knew before. I know about fbturbo/G2D which is capable to boost 2D graphics in X11.
Is also possible to run on BPi XBMC 12.2 with OpenGL ES 2.0 support + Librhybris.
I found great article about it here. In general Cubieforums are the way!
There are many, quite mature, interesting projects using very similar Allwinner A20 boards;)

I've tested XBMC 12.2 with OpenGL and sunxi libraries with no luck (+ hybris @ http://linux-sunxi.org/CedarX/li ... d_Android_libraries). I mean, was able to install a smoth XBMC 12.2 but on A20 seems there are problems with the native player. The mods are for A10 chips.
I was in touch with the developers as well, in waiting for news.
I'll start from skratch soon with XBMC, hoping to have some improovments. I'll post them in the XBMC section. But more people try, more chances to reach the goal!!

Unfortunately I still waiting for my BPi patiently, but when I receive it I hope I finish my project.

I've seen the little Arcade case somewhere some months ago. It's a GREAT project!!!

Anyway I will enjoy if I could see your video as well as your Arcade Case. Once again - very good job done.

This week I think I'll have enouch time to make a short video :-)

Cheers,

Simon

xefil  
Edited by xefil at 2014-10-21 02:45

Added VERSION 3 to the first post.
KIOSK Presentation, Pictures and Video!
[HowTo-V3] DIY Arcade Kiosk - RetroArch (0.37b5 iMAME4all, SNES) on ArchLinux
http://forum.lemaker.org/forum.p ... 12&fromuid=1212

Hope you like it...

Cheers,

Simon

So cool....

Amazing!!!!

Pasmith  
Great job ! Thanks for sharing

I will find a sample and try,

I think it's a best way to pick up my Linux admin knowledge.

cheers.

Wonder  
Excellent Job!

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules