any ideas how to fix this?

feraay  
Edited by feraay at Thu Jan 29, 2015 02:23

did u do that ?
  1. Turn on specific Sunxi optimizations for X
  2. Edit /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf
  3. # This is a minimal sample config file, which can be copied to
  4. # /etc/X11/xorg.conf in order to make the Xorg server pick up
  5. # and load xf86-video-fbturbo driver installed in the system.
  6. #
  7. # When troubleshooting, check /var/log/Xorg.0.log for the debugging
  8. # output and error messages.
  9. #
  10. # Run "man fbturbo" to get additional information about the extra
  11. # configuration options for tuning the driver.
Copy the Code
bananian dont uses x11 on his own thats the problem i belive .... if u try this on a system that uses x11 from stock its pretty easy
  1. Check /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if there’s no errors and acceleration has indeed been turned on
  2. [    18.611] (II) FBTURBO(0): enabled G2D acceleration
  3. [    18.611] (==) FBTURBO(0): Backing store disabled
  4. [    18.613] (II) FBTURBO(0): using sunxi disp layers for X video extension
  5. [    18.613] (II) FBTURBO(0): using hardware cursor
  6. Copy the Code
Copy the Code
checked this ?? is it right?

take a fresh bananian and get it to work with x11 ..... than start that shit maybe this is better

stony  
I installed lxde desktop manager, so I guess that I have X11 installed. However xorg.conf is missing.

I will check that later!

hi stony,
I will try to compile kodi on my arch. What sources of kodi you compiled? from this git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git ?

stony  
Edited by stony at Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:39

/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbturbo_drv.so does not exist on my bananian. I have to add, that I'm trying on a BPI R1!

I followed multiple tutorials. In the end I used git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git and the ./configure settings from this tutorial: http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC
I really don't know what all the settings do. I think --with-platform=raspberry-pi means that there should be integrated more than just xbmc in the build? --disable-x11 and --disable-pulse is not a good idea, what do you think?

stony  
Update: Now I configured kodi with x11 and pulse. Starting brings following error:
  1. /usr/local/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
  2. /usr/local/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
  3. libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
  4. Segmentation fault (core dumped)
  5. Crash report available at /root/kodi_crashlog-20150129_201336.log
Copy the Code
Log file:
  1. 20:13:34 T:3042439168  NOTICE: Checking resolution 16
  2. 20:13:34 T:3042439168 WARNING: Visual 0x41 of the SDL window is not suitable, looking for another one...
  3. 20:13:34 T:3042439168   ERROR: EGL/GLX Error: vInfo is NULL!
Copy the Code

--disable-x11 and --disable-pulse

Is very good idea ;) - because you can use XBMC as your default init ( example: R1 as your home router/access point and in meantime as you TV box ) --with-platform= it means that you use some kind of dedicated config script (i guess)

stony replied at Thu Jan 29, 2015 13:09
Update: Now I configured kodi with x11 and pulse. Starting brings following errorog file:

Are you compiling on Bananian ?

On bananian is some kind of old gcc for amrhf - without mcpu=arm7ve and without coretex-a7 arch (on Arm ArchLinux gcc is in "full" version)

stony  
yes, I compiled on Bananian. Will try on my Ubuntu laptop. The use case you explained is exactly what I want to do with the bpi r1.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules