Android 4.2 For BananaPi------SD Card Setup

111 138536
dlanor  
hello
how do i expand partitions on sd card please
sajjad Posted at 2014-7-17 03:01

For the Android system you should not need to modify any partitions.
But you will need to make a small configuration patch in order to use the entire card space.

The PhoenixCard program should automatically split your SD card up into suitable partitions, one of which will be used for simulated "Internal Flash" of the system. (This Android firmware was 'lifted' from an Android tablet, using internal flash memory plus an external SD card.)

Another partition of the card will always remain used for the initial boot of the Banana Pi (the boot that comes before Android).

A large partition of the card (12.62GB of my 16GB card) is intended for use as the normal "/sdcard" area, but is incorrectly mounted in the current release image. I found a way to modify a configuration file so as to mount this partition correctly to "/mnt/sdcard" (also linked as "/sdcard"), and this modification is quite simple to make after installing the official release image.

Another user called "mattrix" has released an alternate Android image, which you can install instead of the official release.

If you already have installed and configured apps in your Banana Pi, then it may be best for you to make the patch like I did it, but if you haven't installed apps or changed configs yet, then it may be better for you to reinstall mattrix's alternate image instead.

You reach the post about my patch through this link.
You reach the post with mattrix's alternate image through this link.

Best regards: dlanor

deenbee  
Reply 18# deenbee

Now work can burn the image, the image file are the problem

dlanor  
Reply  deenbee

Now work can burn the image, the image file are the problem
deenbee Posted at 2014-7-17 19:23

I'm not sure what you mean here, or even if you still have a problem. If you do, please describe it better.
As for the Android image files, mattrix posted a new one today, which is even better than his last one.
This time he got rid of some 'garbage' apps, and instead added really useful ones, like XBMC and MXPlayer.

If you still haven't got the system set up as you like it, I'd suggest trying that new image.
You'll find it in the thread entitled "New Image - Ready to burn (Clean with XBMC)".

Best regards: dlanor

deenbee  
Reply 23# dlanor

I try download the android image again, now work fine !!!
Thanks

diordna  
This worked fine for me!

deenbee  
Aquí les dejo un video tutorial en español de como quemar o grabar la imagen de Android en nuestro Banana Pi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... 7gFOKpX0gqE5NsrIOYS

deenbee  
Video Step by step setup SD card

guzman  
the device turns itself off when spend a few minutes

Does imaging the SD card with DD work on the latest android image?

If not, why not?

Thanks,

Bill

Post Last Edited by duckyvirus at 2014-8-7 10:38

guys i've tried several cards (all class 10), ALL booted the raspberry pi and lubuntu spins previously

NEXXTECH - rebranded, MICRO in adaptor - 8G
DURACELL - 16G
LEXAR - 16G
PC - rebranded - 16G

on 3 different windows machines - win 7 32, 64, XP

and pheonixcard 3.1.0

with the android image from here (android_for_bananapi_v2_0.img)
and 1 in the forum here as well (GOOD-STOCK.img)

in 2 different bananapi's
with different monitors (1 HDMI->DVI max res WELL beyond 1080p) and a HDMI 1080p bravia TV.  all i ever get is the red led lights.  I havent gone as far as connecting my FTDI to the banana pi, but thats next, any ideas why no matter which combination i try i cannot get any sort of boot out of this?

----

will post results from FTDI serial dump once tested.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules