Discussion

USB OTG enabled script.bin

1 5091
Post Last Edited by orcaorcadia at 2014-10-4 14:46

Hi There

This is probably one for Tony but could someone please provide me with a script.bin that has just the USB OTG enabled for raspbian. I have read the tutorial, downloaded the bin2fex tools the bat and the fecx.exe that does the conversion and somehow it does nothing when i run the BIN2FEX to allow me to generate a script.fex from my script.bin in the same directory.

Im using windows vista and whether its a windows 8 tool or not is probably the reason im hitting a brick wall. I dont have linux installed to do the linux fex editing instructions and to be fair the linux instructions are.. well lets put it simply.. scary... and long.. and include a step where you need to compile the kernel with a make uImage in these instructions found here:

http://wiki.lemaker.org/Kernel_drivers_porting_and_configuration#Porting_USB_OTG_Driver

The other instruction that Tony posted here are a little vague and only work for linux users/boxes.

http://forum.lemaker.org/viewthread.php?tid=221&highlight=Script.bin

So am i right in thinking for the usb otg to enable in raspbian, i need to replace some part of my config with this whole block of code?

1. [usbc0]
  2. usb_used = 1
  3. usb_port_type = 2
  4. usb_detect_type = 1
  5. usb_id_gpio = portH04<0><1><default><default>
  6. usb_det_vbus_gpio = portH05<0><0><default><default>
  7. usb_drv_vbus_gpio = portB09<1><0><default><0>
  8. usb_restric_gpio = portH00<1><0><default><0>
  9. usb_host_init_state = 0
  10. usb_restric_flag = 0
  11. usb_restric_voltage = 3550000
  12. usb_restric_capacity = 5
Copy the Code

Could you please provide a script.bin available for download on the forum/download page that enables the usb otg for us. I have been selling B-Pi's and some of my first customers might want this feature but have the same problem I have, and i know its disabled for performance reasons, but some people dont want to have to edit this script.bin
I guess this solution needs both the script.bin and uImage file associated, as you recompile the kernel in the instructions to enable the usb otg.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules