Lubuntu

Menu item query?

0 1677
Montala  
Post Last Edited by Montala at 2014-10-8 11:40

Hi,
I was quite pleased with myself yesterday when my first attempt at running Lubuntu on my new Banana Pi appeared to boot-up successfully, and I was presented with the appropriate desktop!

My first tasks were to change the date & time (including my locale) and keyboard layout to U.K., set up a new 'admin' user (as detailed elsewhere) and then run 'sudo apt-get update' followed by 'sudo apt-get upgrade', which generated more than a few updates, including both Chromium, Firefox and  many others also!

I was even more surprised when everything still worked, and I even installed one of my favourite small games, namely Gnome Mahjongg!

One thing I did notice though... and which I suppose is really the main purpose of this post, is to enquire the reason for the inclusion of a Menu item under 'System Tools', namely "repare for Shipping to end user", which reminded me of my old Windows OEM days!

I didn't want to proceed any further , in case it undid all my previous efforts, but I would appreciate it if someone could kindly tell me why this option is there, and what it actually does?

Many thanks!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules