Bananian

tvheadend on Bananian

23 14389
Ra:) replied at Wed Oct 22, 2014 04:14
Anyone else ran into this? - no...

It seems in order to enable transcoding just newest libav is nee ...

Ra,

I've attempted to recompile tvheadend from git tonight. Also re-installed libavcodec53 but with no success

I can now compile using --enable-libav, but still no transcoding option available on the Configuration / General screen.
This is getting frustratingly close

gbi  
phildapunk replied at Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:03
Ra,

I've attempted to recompile tvheadend from git tonight. Also re-installed libavcodec53 but w ...

Hi,

there is a tutorial regarding this topic on https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/13635

Somewhere else in the THV forum I have read that transcoding is WIP and so subject to change from day to day.

pbut5  
Hi i am trying to use Bpi as tvheadend server with USB dvb-t & USB dvb-s2 tuners. Initial setup very promising dvd-t channels play fine but the dvb-s tuner locks up after a couple of minuets, playing or idling.

DVB-S2 tuner is DVBSKY S960 usb.

I have tried built in driver and compiled the latest with the same results. Any suggestions?

Edited by maury.markowitz at Thu Sep 10, 2015 15:06
[tr][/tr]
Streaming multiple HD streams to network clients becomes serious though, expect a framedrop once in a while (two DVB-C sticks).

I am using XBMC as a frontend on one of my HTPCs with tvheadend on the BPi as the backend and maaaaaaan do I have great switching times, best digital TV experience ever for me. Timeshift works flawlessly as well.

Hello from one year later.

When you say you have great switching times, do you mean switching from channel to channel?

I hope so, because on my TV is is painful slow, and that's one of the reasons I'm looking at BananaPro + TVH.

But I am ATSC not DVB-C, so I don't know if that has an effect - I hope not.

Also, has transcoding now become "official"? It seems to be in all recent builds.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules