Bananian

v4l-dvb drivers for bananapi

10 7486
Hi all,

I'm having a little bit trouble with compiling the v4l-dvb drivers for the bananian or any other image.

Is there already an image with precompiled modules available? I need it to get my skydvb s690 running.

It's working on x86 architecture without problems.

regards
MarcMarin

Since Bananian is an minimal image I will not ship the v4l-dvb drivers drivers by default.

But please let us know what your problems are. Maybe someone can help you!

Edited by MarcMarin at 2014-10-18 08:24

Hi Bananian,

I need the driver for my dvbsky s960

http://www.dvbsky.net/Products_S960.html

Drivers are available for Linux but there is not patch for kernel 3.4.90+ of the banana pi and it's not possible for me to compile the v4l-dvb drivers on the bananapi because the v4l sources are only ready for x86 and x86_64 and not for the arm architecture.

It would be great if someone can help me getting the card working.

I've read a lot of threads about people who have problems getting their tv cards working on bananapi/raspberry pi because they are not able to compile the v4l-dvb drivers on the arm architecture. So if we get it working it's very important to share this information for all other users.

regards
MarcMarin

Hi again,

during compiling It failed at the following step:

./scripts/make_kconfig.pl /lib/modules/3.4.90+/build /lib/modules/3.4.90+/build 1
Preparing to compile for kernel version 3.4.90
File not found: /lib/modules/3.4.90+/build/.config at ./scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 33, <IN> line 4.
make[1]: *** [allyesconfig] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/media_build/v4l'
make: *** [allyesconfig] Fehler 2
can't select all drivers at ./build line 490.

Hi all,

I finally was able to compile the v4l-dvb package for the A20 with all dvb drivers on arm architecture.

Are I'm really the first one who got this?...

I'll prepare a package of the modules and share them with you. It's for all bananapi images with kernel

Linux lemaker 3.4.103 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 19 21:12:52 CEST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

regards
MarcMarin

maxwell  
Helo Marc,
highly appreciate a up to date packe othe v4l modules!

I was struggling with compiling myself. Some of the modules just did not wan to compile. How did you do it?

I downloaded kernel sources, built the whole kernel once (think it made the symbolic links "build" and "source" in "lib/modules") and after that v4l was starting to compile, but with error. I wasn't in the mood to manually deselct the failing modules...

Your way?

Best regards
Maxwell

PS: I am on  3.4.90+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 19 07:40:16 CEST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux
Was there a kernel upgrade?

Hi Maxwell,

I must go one step back. The compiling succeeded without problems but I'm not able to load the module at the moment. I'm just recompiling and will give you feedback as soon it has finished!

I downloaded the kernel sources and create the "build" link in /lib/modules/linux-3.4.103/build to /usr/src/linux-3.4.103 which are the kernel sources.

Then I downloaded the official v4l-dvb folder and started with the ./build command which is necessary to get all sources. This command will fail after downloading the files because it seems that this build script is prepared for x86 architecture. The next step is to build the sources with a simple "make". It takes very long but finally I was able to do a make install and all the *.ko dvb drivers were on the right place. At the moment I don't know what is the missing thing but I'll continue my work on that problem ;-) ....

regards
MarcMarin

maxwell  
Hey Marc,
thanks for the info. Good thought about the error from build script coming from x86 related stuff!

Try using make with "-j3" parameter to fully use multiple cores while compiling, saves a lot of time: make -j3

Are you able to force load the modules you need manually? Like: modprobe -f MODULE_NAME

If you don't know the needed modules names for your card, just pick one and see what error you get. If you don't get an error, the modules loaded fine. Just use the file name without .ko

I will try to make time looking more into it as I had similar problems before with Lubuntu and a DVB-C stick.

Still, how did you get kernel  3.4.103? :-)

chris89  
The easierst way to have all dvb drivers working is to compile the original LeMaker kernel.
Just follow the steps from "mille "
  1. apt-get install git build-essential libncurses5-dev u-boot-tools uboot-mkimage
  2. cd ~
  3. git clone https://github.com/LeMaker/linux-bananapi.git --depth 1
  4. cd linux-bananapi
  5. make sun7i_defconfig
  6. make menuconfig
  7. make -j3 uImage modules
  8. make modules_install
  9. mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot
  10. cp arch/arm/boot/uImage /boot
  11. reboot
Copy the Code
I used this source to get my eyetv sat (dvb-s2) working. Since 2 Werks, My Bananian is running with this Kernel 3.4.103.

Hi chris,

the problem is that the card I've uses the usb-dvb-v2 module. This module started with kernels later than 3.4 (3.5>). So for the moment it seems that we've to wait for at least kernel 3.5 to build a compatible driver. If there are cards which are using only the usb-dvb module it should be possible to build a driver on 3.4.102+ which is currently the latest available kernel vor Bpi.

MarcMarin

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules