[IMAGE] 1080p XBMC/Kodi with Android 4.2 (1080p Video Support!)

115 57536
ChrisP  
On the lost of synchronization, I suspect that the issue is the actual network driver which is not using gmac efficiently.

You may try to modify the cache settings of Kodi, using this file (see http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache ) and especially readbufferfactor setting. Not sure this will be enough but this is a way to explore.

Sebster  
anton replied at 2014-10-23 15:12
Hi everybody
Today I gave this Mod a try and here is what i have to say about it:

Hello Anton!

Thanks for your feedback and I'm hapy to see that you like some of the features!
Please give me the name of your Edimax stick or look by yourself wich driver your stick needs.
Because when your wifi stick isn't working Android uses the wrong driver for wifi..
I would have to change this in the image so for you it isnt possible I think..
P.M me, maybe I could upload a version for you with your driver ;)
By myself I've seen some of my *.mkv 's are working pretty well (Hangover 3 1080p around 25fps) while some other SD *.mkv 's are working not that good (around 15-20 fps)..
I think with the beta release of kodi we can suspect a beter performance and maybe a better support for our loved Banana

Have to took a look into Android settings or just in kodi?
I don't need it so I haven't looked up for that..

But be optimistic, we'll find a solution for that dude ;)

ChrisP  
Sebster, did you try the problematic vodeo from a local storage ? Sd card if it's small enough or usb self powered disk, formatted in exfat ?

Sebster  
ChrisP replied at 2014-10-24 09:06
Sebster, did you try the problematic vodeo from a local storage ? Sd card if it's small enough or us ...

I have all my videos on my usb 3 HDD formatted in NTFS..
Do you think I should try it with Exfat?

Sebster  
Hello Guys!
I've modified Kodi a bit so it should give you directly remote control acces..

Could somebody try this and give feedback?
http://adf.ly/tHzZH
Thanks!

deejayq  
what is the difference between this android distribution and a stock 4.2 android with a nightly distribution of android?

ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Sat Oct 25, 2014 06:28
Sebster replied at Fri Oct 24, 2014 09:32
I have all my videos on my usb 3 HDD formatted in NTFS..
Do you think I should try it with Exfat? ...

No, it's allready optimum

So it could be related to specific codec management. Maybe using stagefright options in advancesetting.xml may help ? (Ref: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml )

Could you try these settings to see if it helps your degraded sd rendering ?

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<stagefright>
<!-- -1 is default, 0 is never used this codec, 1 is always use this codec, bypassing blacklist -->
<useavccodec>1</useavccodec>
<usevc1codec>1</usevc1codec>
<usevpxcodec>1</usevpxcodec>
<usemp4codec>1</usemp4codec>
<usempeg2codec>1</usempeg2codec>
<useswrenderer>false</useswrenderer>
</stagefright>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

anton  
Edited by anton at Sat Oct 25, 2014 07:56

Thank you Sebster for your reply. I will go through it step by step:Hello Anton!

Thanks for your feedback and I'm hapy to see that you like some of the features!

I am happy you released this great mod :-)

Please give me the name of your Edimax stick or look by yourself wich driver your stick needs.
Because when your wifi stick isn't working Android uses the wrong driver for wifi..

My wifi stick is an Edimax EW-7811Un. I can't say anything else about it except that it did work with this mod right from the start. The problem with wlan is that when i enable it in the android settings it says something like "Enabling Wifi" but after like 2 seconds the indicator goes from On to Off again without any error report. I would be totally awesome if you could find a way to make it work. I you need me to provide any more information please let me know.

By myself I've seen some of my *.mkv 's are working pretty well (Hangover 3 1080p around 25fps) while some other SD *.mkv 's are working not that good (around 15-20 fps)..
I think with the beta release of kodi we can suspect a beter performance and maybe a better support for our loved Banana

Meanwhile I tested two other movies (both from usb). The first one (720p .mkv) did play absolutely flawlessly the other one (a quite challenging 1080p -mkv) lost synchronicity after ~12 minutes. I stopped playback, resumed and it then played fine for >30 minutes (didn't watch till the end). So I agree with you that these issues seem to be kodi issues and not issues of our banana pi.

Have to took a look into Android settings or just in kodi?
I don't need it so I haven't looked up for that..

There aren't any relevant settings in this version of kodi (the xbmc mod posted before) has many more audio output settings that also worked well. Therefore I tried the android audio output settings but none of them enabled analog audio output.

Could somebody try this and give feedback?
http://adf.ly/tHzZH
Thanks!

I wanted to give this a try but i failed at an very early stage: I can't install the apk. The preinstalled kodi can neither be uninstalled nor updated. I then tried to modify your provided image to include it right from the start but I can't open the image with 7-zip. Sorry, i am a newb :/ If you give me any hint how to make it work I will surely give it another try.

But be optimistic, we'll find a solution for that dude ;)

I am optimistic. Thanks again for your great effort! :-)

OnuUuno  
Edited by OnuUuno at Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:20

Tested little bit.

Is it only me or anybody else too? When i stop the movie and then select another one, CPU usage stays 100% and movie playback is ~12FPS. Only way what i found is restart bananapi to run kodi normaly again...
1080p image.

Also, this remote works very well with this image http://www.aliexpress.com/item/T ... Box/1666384457.html

Hi Sebster,

I have recently started using your android 1080p version image. Thanks for making that!

SuperSu app doesn't seem to work. Whenever I open it, it says it has to update the binary and gets stuck with 'installing, please wait' message. I cannot grant root access to other apps due to this. Is there a workaround for this ? How do you grant root access ?

Regards,
Abhishek

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules