[IMAGE] 1080p XBMC/Kodi with Android 4.2 (1080p Video Support!)

115 57535
afcajax  
Edited by afcajax at Mon Oct 27, 2014 13:46

Thank you for your great work so far! The 1080p doesn't seem to have problems with 1080p movies, played from SMB drive.

For the 1080p version, I have te following problems:
* The system 'partition' is only 2gb, while my SD card is 32GB. This is kind of a shame, as this space is not used. This is typically hard for apps which require quite some space. Resizing the partitions with for example GParted is also not possible. This actually reminds me of this post.
* Also, I can confirm that SuperSU is not working.

Thanks again for your great work so far!

ChrisP  
afcajax replied at Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:46
Thank you for your great work so far! The 1080p doesn't seem to have problems with 1080p movies, pla ...

Please test that: http://forum.lemaker.org/thread- ... stem_partition.html

afcajax  

ChrisP replied at Wed Oct 22, 2014 17:07
did you try that ? http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_any_IR_remote_with_OpenELEC

Okay, OpenELEC has lirc, but Android?   And this is an Android topic.

ChrisP  
st_smurfy replied at Tue Oct 28, 2014 14:37
Okay, OpenELEC has lirc, but Android?   And this is an Android topic.

Sorry, I was confused. I am like a lot of newbie, trying to learn and understand, by doing lots of mistakes

But regarding the init.rc file containing that contain an explicit insmod sun7i-ir.ko, it SHOULD be possible to have ir support. Is anybody aware of an android application able to test IR receiver ? I only find apps to manage emitter.

ChrisP replied at Tue Oct 28, 2014 08:35
Sorry, I was confused. I am like a lot of newbie, trying to learn and understand, by doing lots of ...

No problem ;) I asked that because I can find emitters only. If an IR driver is already installed then there is a small chance to have a receiver app. Banana PI is in a very early stage. XBMC for android is fine, plays movies smoothly, but there is no IR support. Lubuntu has lirc, I tried it and worked well, but doesn't have hw accelerated video playback for XBMC. If I could combine them I would be very happy

ChrisP  
st_smurfy replied at Tue Oct 28, 2014 19:18
No problem ;) I asked that because I can find emitters only. If an IR driver is already installed  ...

Try Yatse apps on another android device, it did the trick for me, making the IR lack less problematic.

But once it will be there, it will be nice to command all from a univeral remote control.

Yatse isn't good for me. I don't want to use a phone for remote controlling when I have a plus controller  with tactile buttons. I don't like touch screen.

ChrisP  
Based on this page (http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php?topic=2308.0 ), I tried several things with Mattrix image, using a terminal emulator:
lsmod show that sun7i_ir is loaded, but
type su, then getevent
mouse provide events generate events
using a remote does not generate any events :/

Image works well for me - but I need to be able to hide the Action bar at the bottom. I have tried all the "hide bar" apps on play store and none of them seem to work.

I need this for a full screen signage display. Anyone who knows what to do?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules