[IMAGE] 1080p XBMC/Kodi with Android 4.2 (1080p Video Support!)

115 57647
damn, still can't install SuperSU

Sebster  
LINJEinc replied at Sat Nov 8, 2014 08:58
damn, still can't install SuperSU

It is preinstalled, why want you to reinstall it?

oh, didn't know, cause on the previous build, i coudn't install power menu from play store, said i needed root.
But havent tried after this installation.

dlanor  
@LINJEinc:
I think you may need to launch SuperSU manually one time, and there tell it to install its binary file into the system.
This need has varied with different versions though. For some versions it even had to be repeated after updates of SuperSU...

In fact our basic Android 4.2 image always was rooted, but SuperSU adds user control over the root features, as needed.

Best regards: dlanor

Edited by LINJEinc at Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:34

That's what i'm trying to do, without luck.
But will try again to se if it want's to install it.

Edit: 4hrs now trying to install. "Installing, please wait", so no luck.
Guess i have to skip Power Menu from Play Store.

dlanor  
If SuperSU is not able to install its binary, then something fundamental is broken in that installation.
I have no clue what it might be, but something is definitely wrong with the system itself.
If you haven't invested a huge amount of effort in installed apps, I'd recommend starting over...
It's a drastic and unpleasant measure, but it may be the only way out of abnormal system behavior like this.

But just to make sure we're talking about the same thing here:
I am NOT talking about installing SuperSU itself. You can't have two instances of it installed. So such a failure is not a system failure.
I am talking about starting the original SuperSU app the image came with, and in its menus look for the command to link its special binary file into the system.
If it is that linking which fails for you, then your system is broken, as I concluded above.

As for that 'Power Menu' app, I use a different app with similar features myself.
If you want to try it, look for "Quick Boot (Reboot)" at Google Play.

Edited by LINJEinc at Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:09

@dlanor

It's the binarys itself that i'm trying with, but i will do a reinstall of the system for the third time, but i will
try another SD card, using the one that came with the BPi now so.
Will try a reinstall, see if it works.

dlanor  
LINJEinc replied at Tue Nov 11, 2014 04:09
@dlanor

It's the binarys itself that i'm trying with, but i will do a reinstall of the system for t ...

In trying a new card, make sure it is at least normal Class10 (even better ones can also have the UHS-1 logo).
Anything less than a Class10 card is bound to have problems with BananaPi Android.

dlanor replied at Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:49
In trying a new card, make sure it is at least normal Class10 (even better ones can also have the  ...

using a class 10 16gb card.
But thinking maybe there could be some error due to the fact i'm crating the
card under windows 10.

dlanor  
LINJEinc replied at Tue Nov 11, 2014 05:00
using a class 10 16gb card.
But thinking maybe there could be some error due to the fact i'm crati ...

Using Windows 10 is definitely inadvisable. That OS is intended only for beta test evaluation, so installing it on your main computer is a mistake.
Even if you like that OS and find it reliable, Microsoft has installed special 'spy' features in this test version which a user has NO control over.
And once the planned test period is over, all test user licenses will expire, rendering these systems inoperable. (short of cracking of course)
I've played around with Win10 too, but only on virtual machines under VMware. Using it as my main OS is out of the question.

As for proper use of the Android tools for Banana Pi, several users have complained about failures and various problems under Win8, and since that's the official Windows release which is closest related to Win10, we must assume that those problems are shared between them.

Win7 is what I use myself, and this works fine both with DragonFace (for modifying images) and with PhoenixCard (for flashing them).

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules