XMBC

does the Banana PI support XBMC?

42 48999
such as the title: does the Banana PI support XBMC?
XBMC is very important.
Of course. But we haven't released the relative XBMC pre-build image.

is there a XBMC pre build image ?
i am searching for weeks to run xbmc but no luck

Why is there no. release ?
There will be very much banana pi  be sold if there is a working image comes out.
I did buy one but for me there is no. image that works for me.
Xbmc is one issue

xefil  
Why is there no. release ?
The ...
Renebeek Posted at 2014-7-1 03:19

Hi Renebeek,Here it's the same. I think this device is a really nice project. Maybe the staff has other jobs to work on for this device, but, like you, if it would be possible, it would be great to raise the priority for this point.
My goal is to use it as miniHTPC as soon as possible and leave it always on and it's the reason I've purchased it. Here other friends are ready to purchase it for the same reason, and many other people too!
Hope someone will give us nice news soon :-)

Simon

Reply 4# Renebeek

Sorry about that. We have a lot of work to do, we are planning to keep the Raspbian, Lubuntu stable, port new OS such as Archlinux, Fedora, transplant the GPIO library, maintain the website, write the wiki. We need do all things step by step, I promise the XBMC will come out eventually.

xefil  
Thank you tony,

Hope this will done soon. Everyone will gain with this improovment. I would try myself if someone could point me to right documentation and OS to start with.

Cheers, Simon

Reply 7# xefil

If you want to try porting XBMC, I will support you the hw_pack of Banana Pi, that include the built u-boot, uImage, script.bin and modules.

xefil  
Reply  xefil

If you want to try porting XBMC, I will support you the hw_pack of Banana Pi, that in ...
tony_zhang Posted at 2014-7-1 11:19

Ok, let me know how obtain those files, which OS should be better to start with and I'll give a try. No guarantee at all, but at least I'll play a little with this device ;)

Bye, Simon

Juni  
Any update on this? I'm also currently trying to port XBMC, and would be very nice to have a custom hw_pack.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules