Discussion

RPIMonitor Read current voltage

8 7228
koev36  
Hi,

how can I read the voltage of the CPU? On a raspberry pi it was using: vcgencmd measure_volts core

Regards
I was also unable to do that...
But I replaced volts by cpu1 freq, by copying the cpu0 line...

tkaiser  
It's /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/voltage_now (if you're using the official power input which I strongly recommend. And it needs to be divided through 1000000). If you 'abuse' the USB OTG port or power the Banana Pi from a LiPo battery take a look below /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/

The aforementioned values are reported by the AXP209 PMU and describe voltage/current input from the PSU (not including power consumption via the SATA power connector!)

I believe 'current_now' should be more interesting. In case you're using RPi-Monitor you could combine both with a simple formula to get Watts: http://pastebin.com/hCBW0Hrz

tkaiser  
Edited by tkaiser at 2014-10-23 04:11

The information below is outdated. Please follow this thread instead

BTW: It's just a view steps to get a view in RPi-Monitor (2.9 or above) like this:

1) Create the following files after installation of RPi-Monitor:

/etc/rpimonitor/template/bananian.conf
/etc/rpimonitor/template/cpu_bananian.conf
/etc/rpimonitor/template/pmu_bananian.conf
/etc/rpimonitor/template/temperature_bananian.conf

Contents see here: http://pastebin.com/V3A0tr0m

2) Fetch http://www.apkdad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Battery-Icon1.png, scale it down to 64x64 pixels and store it as /usr/share/rpimonitor/web/img/pmu.png

3) Delete /etc/rpimonitor/data.conf and make it a symlink to /etc/rpimonitor/template/bananian.conf:
  1. cd /etc/rpimonitor && rm data.conf && ln -s /etc/rpimonitor/template/bananian.conf data.conf
Copy the Code
4) restart RPi-Monitor:
  1. service rpimonitor restart
Copy the Code

Edited by actkk2000 at 2014-10-22 16:19

Thank you for all the information.
But, I think the question was about cpu voltage, not power source, but may be valid if someone wants to monitor that as well.
As for RPI monitor, I would look to update the program to the new version. It looks pretty nice!

tkaiser  
But, I think the question was about cpu voltage

Voltage is always pretty constant. If the load suddenly increases, the current goes up as well and the voltage decreases just a little bit:

(left axis voltage in V, right axis current in mA -- it's interesting to watch this when you feed the device via the wrong source -- USB OTG instead of the power connector between SATA and SATA power)

n0mad  
Hi, thanks tkaiser for the additional help and modification so that rpi-monitor works with BPi. My HDD is not support by hddtemp. It there any possiblity how can I instead of printing the HDD temp on the rpi-monitor getting the status is the HDD is sleeping or active. How to put the output of
  1. hdparm -C /dev/sda1
Copy the Code
on rpi-monitor?

Thanks in advance.

tkaiser  
n0mad replied at Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:46
Hi, thanks tkaiser for the additional help and modification so that rpi-monitor works with BPi. My H ...

I explained in http://forum.lemaker.org/thread-7102-1-1.html how to add your own SATA device to hddtemp's 'database' which is in fact just a simple text file containing a regular expression and the approriate SMART attribute that contains the temperature value. Would be nice if you report back whether on your HDD the temperature will be set to 0 when the HDD is in standby mode.

And regarding this other question. That should do the trick:
  1. /sbin/hdparm -C /dev/sda | awk -F" " '/drive state is/ {print $4}' | sed -e 's|active/idle|1|' -e 's|standby|0|'
Copy the Code
(translates "active/idle" to 1 and "standby" to 0)

n0mad  
Hi, tkaiser I was able to add my own SATA device to hddtemp's db. And now I can get my HDD temp working great with RPi-Monitor. I have one more questions: How to get the HDD state na RPi-Monitor? I try to modify the uptime.conf by adding your last script that you send me and i was not able to manage that..

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules