Other OS

Raspian CLI Version

7 3910
Hi,
is it possible to have Raspian for Banana Pi Versions without X, In other words, just command line interface with SSH?
Yes, you can Google how to login into the SSH default. Very simple

Sander  
I don't think the question is how he can login to SSH.

He, and I'd like to have this too, is a clean basic Raspbian version without GUI.
Since it is a waste of space and resources if you are planning on running a webserver for example. No GUI needed.

OK, I think Archlinux will be the most suitable. We have completed transplanting it, and is doing some test now.

Hello,

I've removed some packages to use bananapi without X :
  1. /etc/init.d/lightdm stop
  2. apt-get remove --purge lxde lightdm lxde-common lxde-core lxde-icon-theme lxappearance lxde-common lxde-icon-theme lxde-settings-daemon lxinput lxmenu-data lxpanel lxpolkit lxrandr lxsession lxsession-edit lxshortcut lxtask lxterminal
  3. apt-get autoremove --purge
Copy the Code
Regards,
Belgotux

Pyplate  
Post Last Edited by Pyplate at 2014-7-14 16:14

I just saw this post on superuser.com: http://superuser.com/questions/3 ... ntu-without-the-gui
This command worked for me:
  1. sudo update-rc.d -f lightdm remove
Copy the Code
This stops lightdm from starting, and I can still start it up if I want to:
  1. sudo service lightdm start
Copy the Code
Edit: you can also start the desktop by typing this command at a prompt:
  1. startx
Copy the Code

eckarth  
Do not understand!

Why do you not simply run "sudo raspi-config," and set the config not to login a user at boot time? At least that is what I do.

Pyplate  
That's how I do it on a Raspberry Pi, but raspi-config didn't work for me on a Banana Pi.  Anyway, the commands I used are can be used to control the desktop on platforms where rasp-config isn't available.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules