Android Mattrix KODI Image - V3.2 - 08/12/2015

297 131972
is the latest version on mega down?

anton  
Edited by anton at Tue Jan 13, 2015 19:40

The image is great with the only downside being the audio output settings is set to hdmi after each reboot. As I wanna use analog audio this is pretty annoying to me. Any hints how to get the settings saved? Or, as a workaround, is there a toolbox command to switch output settings?

Speaking about toolbox: I do control Kodi remotely with my Android tablet which is working pretty fine but there is one thing I was always missing: I wanted to be able to shutdown the BPi remotely, too. I now figured out a way that is working for me and i thought I could share it with you.
1) Install a ssh server app like SSHDroid on your BPi
2) Install Script Kitty on your other Android device
3) Configure both apps (you will be able to do that on your own)
4) In Script Kitty create a script with the command line "toolbox reboot" to reboot your BPi remotely and with "toolbox reboot -p" to shut it down.

Maybe this is quite trivial to the advanced users in here but as i am not and it took me some time to figure this out so i thought it would be a good idea to share it with you.

ChrisP  
anton replied at Wed Jan 14, 2015 02:39
The image is great with the only downside being the audio output settings is set to hdmi after each  ...

Have you tried to tweak the build.prop file with DragonFace ? There is a parameter set there to use HDMI ausio by default. It may be enough to change the audio behaviour.

bumfank  
@siu_ma: I have SD Card Class 10. It work with almost every image in this forum except matrix 720p version

Math43  
Hello,
I've installed the latest version (3.1) and I have a little problem: When  I'm playing a Video I've got no sound until I tik "Use s/w decoder" under Audio settings in Mx Player. Is that normal ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Math43

Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

bumfank replied at Wed Jan 14, 2015 02:07
@siu_ma: I have SD Card Class 10. It work with almost every image in this forum except matrix 720p v ...

does it stuck at the boot screen? so only picture with andoid theme?

couldn't make 3.1 work. 3.0 works. again wifi question (didn't finy anythin on the 12 pages):
Edimax EW-7811Un  working or not? if i switch it on i goes back to off some seconds after. any trick i can do? or should i go for the TP-Link TL-WN725N? not keen on it as i bought the edimax one extra for the banana (after friends suggest me from their raspberry experience)

what is the video format it can play?
i tried with mkv but is not supported :s

anton  
ChrisP replied at Tue Jan 13, 2015 20:22
Have you tried to tweak the build.prop file with DragonFace ? There is a parameter set there to us ...

Thanks for your suggestion ChrisP but apparently the only audio parameters i could find
audio.output.active=AUDIO_CODEC
audio.input.active=AUDIO_CODEC
are already set for analog audio. So either these aren't the right parameters or they are set to HDMI after each reboot for some reason. Is there a way to make build.prop read only to prevent these parameters from being changed?

@scuba303: No, the Edimax EW-7811Un is not working out of the box with this image. If you wanna put some time and effort in it you could try to get it working following this guide but there is no guarantee it will work.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules