Discussion

Problems installling Android

24 4555
Vlak  
Hello, Iam trying to install Android to an sd cars for my banana pi. Iam trying this with Phoenix card but Evert time Iam trying to do thuis i fail.
The Phoenix program finish with no errors. But when i go the sd card on my pc there is nothing written on th card.
Does annybody knows what i am doing wrong.
Gr vlak

Vlak  
actkk2000 replied at Fri Nov 14, 2014 06:51
Try this image:
http://forum.lemaker.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9261&fromuid=1602

Thanks for your replie. i just tryed it but it dosent work ScreenShot001.jpg
the phoenix program works succesfully but there is nothing on the sd card. it stays empty.

Vlak  
Vlak replied at Fri Nov 14, 2014 07:09
Thanks for your replie. i just tryed it but it dosent work  
the phoenix program works succesfully ...

what else can i try

Vlak  
Do you know how big the sd card has to be ??

Edited by actkk2000 at Fri Nov 14, 2014 17:06

The recommended is 8Gb but the only partition you should be able to see when the SD is inserted on a Windows PC is a 2Gb FAT32 partition.
Otherwise you may try with these images, it is from another site but at least you dont need PhoenixCard to write it:
http://bananapi.com/index.php/download?layout=edit&id=29
There is also an Android 4.4 image there...

Vlak  
I trying for several times and iT wont work. How is this possible i used 4 different images. Not one of them will work.
Everythings is going Well but in the end there is nothing on the we card

Heeeeellllllppp me

Adromir  
Android is using a Linux Filesystem, which is not recognised by Windows by default. So the SD Card seems to be empty when going on it. Just put it in your BPI and try to boot.

Adromir replied at Fri Nov 14, 2014 17:39
Android is using a Linux Filesystem, which is not recognised by Windows by default. So the SD Card s ...

Yes, I forgot to mention that I am using the image for Android 4.2 from bananapi.com, that one has also a SD data partition mounted on a FAT32 system.
In that case you will see it on Windows...
But it is not really necessary unless you need to copy information from Windows.
Just insert the SD on BananaPi and try to boot!

ChrisP  
In addition, the partition table is not well understood by Windows.

Anyway a common issue is that you may have to push reset button one or two second and to be patient, the first boot is slower, especially with the 4.4 image.

Also in opposite to Linux, Android is not working well with HDMI-DVI adaptors on the bananapi. HAve you such an adaptator ?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules