LeMedia (XBMC) v1.1 Realeased

82 59570
Nice forum.... Nevermind dudes. I solve it myself.
"Whatever you do, you do it yourself"

I've spent the past weekend trying to get a video player that would work with mkv videos. I tried mplayer, mplayer2, ffplay, and finally got it working with mpv. I tried compiling each of the aforementioned players, some with more or less success, but mpv was the only one I got working.

I'm not sure what packages I had installed by the end, but compiling mpv was a breeze with https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv-build

A few of the required packages (xserver-xorg-video-fbturbo, libvdpau-sunxi, etc) I installed from a repo I found in another thread here in the forum. I can not remind which thread was that, but basically I added this to my repo list:
  1. deb http://apt.nanolx.org/ photonic main
  2. deb-src http://apt.nanolx.org/ photonic main
Copy the Code
With mpv installed, I can run video with hw acceleration, hdmi audio output, and subtitles by running:
  1. startx &
  2. export VDPAU_DRIVER=sunxi
  3. export DISPLAY=:0
  4. export VDPAU_OSD=1
  5. mpv \
  6.   --fullscreen \
  7.   --ao=alsa:device=[hw:1,0] \
  8.   --vo=vdpau \
  9.   --hwdec=vdpau \
  10.   --hwdec-codecs=all \
  11.   --force-rgba-osd-rendering \
  12.   --sub-file="/my_files/my_video.srt" \
  13.   "/my_files/my_video.mkv"
Copy the Code
Currently I'm trying to use mpv as an external player on xbmc. So far, what I got is this:
  1. <playercorefactory>
  2. <players>
  3.    <player name="mpv" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
  4.      <filename>/root/le-video</filename>
  5.      <args>"{1}"</args>
  6.      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
  7.      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
  8.      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
  9.    </player>
  10. </players>
  11. <rules action="prepend">
  12.    <rule filetypes="mkv" player="mpv"/>
  13. </rules>
  14. </playercorefactory>
Copy the Code
le-video is a script I created that just wraps the mpv command mentioned before and expects the file it should play. Anyway, this is not working well at the moment. Even though it launches the video, it just skims rapidly through the video. Also, LIRC gets lost.

lucastorri replied at Mon Dec 15, 2014 16:36
I've spent the past weekend trying to get a video player that would work with mkv videos. I tried mp ...

maybe you have met the same problem that external players can not get focus.... xbmc itself will display at the top of external players, include mplayer1,2 ...By the way , XBMC didn't use VDPAU to decode videos , though vdpau can support any video perfectly.

hcdth011 replied at Tue Dec 16, 2014 07:08
maybe you have met the same problem that external players can not get focus.... xbmc itself will d ...

In my case, the video was on top of xbmc, but on the dark areas (top and bottom of the tv, since the video width is bigger than the screen) I could still see xbmc, which is kind of annoying.

Today I was able to get a proper configuration on lircrc and stop the conflict of buttons mentioned before. I'll still working on it, but I'll add more updates once I'm done.

I inserted OTG flash drives, flash drives, but I could not find the location where, may I ask how to solve?

foltz61  
I'm not getting audio through hdmi. I tried running xbmc-audio-hdmi and it didn't fix it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

yosu  
Edited by yosu at Sat Dec 20, 2014 16:57

[quote]foltz61 replied at Fri Dec 19, 2014 16:50
Try to exit from xbmc, type at the console prompt xbmc-audio-hdmi and start xbmc.

tocpcs  
Video playback of MKVs is 'marginal' (bearable) using software accelleration instead of hardware (heh, funny that, software is actually better than the hardwarre purpose built chip).

More attention needs to be paid to getting hardware video acceleration working. Change to software and it works ok.. not great. I asked before about how debugging of the sunxi driver would work - no one bothered to answer.

foltz61  
yosu replied at Sat Dec 20, 2014 08:54
[quote]foltz61 replied at Fri Dec 19, 2014 16:50
Try to exit from xbmc, type at the console prompt  ...

That did it. Thanks.

foltz61  
hcdth011 replied at Sun Dec 7, 2014 05:41
Of course you can install a desktop by yourself ,  the repositories are same with the original whe ...

I've installed gnome and lxde. Both installed fine and ran but, I couldn't get the xbmc gui to show.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules