LeMedia (XBMC) v1.1 Realeased

82 58086
The LeMedia is for Banana Pi board. The version for Pro will release soon.

tony_zhang replied at Tue Feb 3, 2015 22:46

希望能快点

Panthera replied at Thu Jan 15, 2015 09:34
I have the same issue. But when I exit XBMC, the screen remains black. Any other way (shortcut?) t ...

Thanks mate, that helped me get onto the console

dulcidi  
Hello, I have a banana pro and three question:
What have I to do to access the console?
What about onboard wifi support?
And when I connect a usb key, I don't find it... what's the directory to access it?
Sorry for my bad English  and  thank you for answers.

minz0r  
Its time to bring on a functioning KODI Version for the bpi. The rpi2 already got a 100% working Kodi 5.0.2 on the Day of release.

vanks  
dulcidi replied at Thu Feb 19, 2015 04:19
Hello, I have a banana pro and three question:
What have I to do to access the console?
What about o ...

Hi

To access the console, exit from XBMC, then you will be in the console. Sometimes the screen appear all black, but you can type [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F2] to change the terminal and [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F1] to back to the first terminal where the XBMC was started, that it will be ok.
About WiFi support, according the post of tony_zhang, above, "the version for Pro will release soon".
To find the usbkey, browse in the root directory, find /media/usbkey (if I'm not wrong, I changed the place in my system). Or, in the terminal, use the command "mount" to check where the usbkey was mounted.

I hope this help.

glug101  
First, the good!  I love the Banana XBMC rig I was able to slap together using an old SCSI hard drive enclosure, an old VGA monitor, and a new Banana Pi.  Lemedia, even in its current form, has given me a lot to play with.  

However...

Is there a prescribed file format (container/codecs/options, please) that works well with Lemedia?  I haven't had any luck getting video to play with my files, even after re-encoding to what I thought were supported formats (namely: matroska, h.264, no b-frames, and aac).  I then tried it with a number of formats that are usually safe defaults for a modem media player (avi xvid/mp3, m4v with h.264/aac, and mpg).  All of them played the audio just fine (except the mpg file that just seemed to crash XBMC altogether), but I had no video.  

What video/audio/container formats are working well with the rest of you?

Thanks!

Edited by Fist_of_Bowser at Sun Feb 22, 2015 15:24

²glug

I've had the exactly same problems with mine. At the beginning it didn't play anything in a proper way, at last it acceptet some low-res anime, duration 20 min, size 250 MB, container avi, format probably xvid. While watching the video from the beginning on worked fine, jumping during the playback caused the video component to crash/partially freeze while the audio playback continued. I assume it is an compatibility issue addressed to the different processors in RPi and BPi, causing the BPi to overheat.

I hope this graphics acceleration issue will be fixed, otherwise I will buy me a RPi 2 for multimedia and build a NAS only system from my BPi. I'm sorry I can't tell you a definitely working fix, I just can tell you what I am going to do: Try XBMC/kodi from within another OS, maybe android or Lubuntu, install a fan/different case shell if heat is the problem.

Fist_of_Bowser replied at Sun Feb 22, 2015 15:22
²glug

I've had the exactly same problems with mine. At the beginning it didn't play anything in a  ...

I've already gave up. This project seems abadoned. I've tried everything to get a correct Kodi on BPi with IR support (LeMedia, Android, Lubuntu, ...). Then I bought a RaspberryPi and installed OpenELEC. The best choice. Updates comes frequently, Kodi is always up-to-date. Now my BPi is only a NAS with Bananian OS. The RPi has a network based profile and media storage (shared through NFS, database migrated into MySql), so I can join to the network an another client without any pain. The OS support for BPi, I think, is quite terrible. Every OS image, except Bananian, are outdated (they were updated only in 2014, just take a look at them: http://www.lemaker.org/resources/9-38/image_files.html).

vba  
tony_zhang replied at Tue Feb 3, 2015 22:46

When will we see the new version for the banana pro board? Will HW-acc. work in that version?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules