android 4.2 Not booting

11 4062
Hi, I am new to Banana PI's and i seem to not be able to boot android 4.2 or 4.4. I made sure i have a 5v 2a PSU, I tried 2 different cards, 2 different PSU's. The pi works fine with rasbbarian. All that happens is a solid red light. Tried pressing both the Pwr and rst buttons but nada. Any help would be great. I also tried different IMG files. Using both Phnx v3.09 and 3.10.

Help a newbie out
siu_ma  
I am also a newbie, it also happened to me, but I resolved the issue by using another usb cable.

I tried. Many many times lol. What class sd card are you using. I'm using a class 4 and I'm assuming that's the problem.

siu_ma  
I am using 8G Sandisk classs 10, haven't got any problem except I am using Mattrix's 3.0 Android (both 720p and 1080p) can't get my edup ep-n8508gs to work.

I am not only new to bpi but also have zero technical  background

Wieczor  
saparoth replied at Wed Nov 19, 2014 21:01
I tried. Many many times lol. What class sd card are you using. I'm using a class 4 and I'm assuming ...

Did you used phoenixcard to burn image ? And after you put sdcard in banana pi plug power and hold power button until ot reboot device

ChrisP  
Do you have a hdmi-dvi cable ? This is known to be a problem with android.

dlanor  
Edited by dlanor at Thu Nov 20, 2014 02:33
saparoth replied at Wed Nov 19, 2014 21:01
I tried. Many many times lol. What class sd card are you using. I'm using a class 4 and I'm assuming ...

Using a class 4 card is definitely part of your problem. Such a card simply won't do.
You need a class 10 card for reliable use of Android.

Since you didn't get it to boot at all, we can't know if there are additional problems, but the class is definitely one.

Best regards: dlanor

Ok quick update. I bought a class ten and installed the IMG on a different computer(Just in case) Ill let everyone know if it worked out. I am using the HDMI TO DVI cable but from what i was reading that's a problem in 4.4.

ChrisP  
Do you have a device you can test with a full HDMI cable ? A TV ?

Yea as soon as i leave work ill check it

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules