Add-ons

LeMaker 7" LVDS LCD for Banana Pi & Pro

46 11743
a_khan  
I know the connector from the LCD controller board to the banana pro is 40pin, however is the LCD itself 50PIN lvds?

There is a small adapter board on the back of the display, see

http://www.mikronauts.com/banana ... -lcd-module-review/

a_khan  
I know I saw the adapter board, but you didn't answer my question on whether or not the LCD is 50pin LVDS. or are there specs available for that LCD since I cannot get any information on it. I wanted to disconnect the ribbon cable for the LCD and connect it to this board: VS-TY2662-V1 , http://www.itontec.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/3.2.jpg, so I can connect my reverse camera. I know i can use a video capture card and use a GPIO with the reverse signal but I don't want the reverse cam to be part of the pro

Edited by mikronauts at Fri May 29, 2015 09:00
a_khan replied at Fri May 29, 2015 07:40
I know I saw the adapter board, but you didn't answer my question on whether or not the LCD is 50pin ...

I don't know, I'd have to disassemble a setup to look, but having read your response, there is no need.

Based on what you want to do it does not matter, as without knowing the exact display model with timing, and without a programmer for the tontec board (~$75), you would not be able to drive that panel with it.

I suggest you buy a cheap 7" display+adapter board and use that instead, it will save you a lot of effort.

FYI, the BPi 7" display is a LOT crisper than most of the 7" displays, and a lot higher resolution.

Personally, I'd keep the nice crisp BPi display connected directly, and get a cheap V4L supported NTSC digitizer for the reverse cam.

a_khan  
Oh Ok, Thanks for the reply. Judging from your response,  LVDS displays are not standardized? Therefore 40-pin LVDS displays won't be plug and play with the banana pro?

There is no way to tell without comparing pinouts of the LCD's LVDS connector and the BPi's.

Some may match. Most likely won't.

Different displays use varying number of lanes.

cyryllo  
From my file sript.bin I read:
GPIO 57 is PWM LCD
GPIO 56 is LCD EN
I can disable and enable screen 5" TS

1. gpio export 57 out
  2. echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio57/value
  3. echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio57/value
Copy the Code

but how i can pwm use

1. gpio  pwm 57 512
  2. [pwmWrite:L2230] the pin:-1 is invaild,please check it over!
Copy the Code

cyryllo replied at Wed Jul 29, 2015 14:21
From my file sript.bin I read:
GPIO 57 is PWM LCD
GPIO 56 is LCD EN

You can try

http://bananapi.com/index.php/fo ... oftware-pwm-library

I bought the wrong LCD screen 7-inch. I needed a touch-and ended up buying without, by an error in the ad seller. I saw that the only difference is the lack of touch chip. Is there a way I buy only this chip and snap into place as shown?

I don't know, however I strongly suspect you cannot just add the module.

Looking at the photos, it is actually a module - and you would also need to have the touch panel on the display.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules