XMBC

Wifi support for LeMedia

3 5486
rfamans  
Great to see that the LeMedia XMBC distro is improving rapidly with more hardware accelleration support. It is fantastic that there is so much work being done to support XBMC on banana. As I am dependent on a wireless network connection on my BPi it would be a huge improvement to also fix issues with wlan support on the LeMedia distro.

I have been trying myself to get wpa_supplicant to work via the wlan0 interface. My wifi USB dongle (that works with other BPi distro's) is not connecting upon boot with my router but when i manually start wpa supplicant with: wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -D wext -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf, the pi is connected to my router via WiFi but without obtaining an IP address via DHCP. Strangely after manually restarting the networking service, I got connected to my router with a proper IP address incl. internet access.

I also checked my interface settings and do not see anything strange there:

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp

Furthermore I saw that the default LeMedia distro has bridged wlan0 to wlan1. I have removed that bridge so I could properly use wlan0 but maybe this has something to do with the issue as well.

Anyone who could offer some help here?

Thanks!!
Hi, which version of LeMedia did you use ? v1.0 or v1.1 ? .......With v1.1 ,you don't need to do any other things except your wifi name and password in wpa_supplicant.conf . As for v1.0 , you have to compile wpa_supplicant and install dhcp ,then try to use the same interfaces file with v1.1 .

rfamans  
Thanks, I got the v1.1 to work with a Wifi dongle although I had to change wlan0 references to wlan1 in the interfaces config file.

Have a good night. Could you describe in more detail what and where to change. I suffer the second day - the network run does not work. By BPI connects via PuTTY. Thanks in advance for your help.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules